Help!!! Internet explorer 8

Closed
didijojo70 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday 2 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 4 May 2009 - 3 May 2009 à 13:42
didijojo70 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday 2 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 4 May 2009 - 4 May 2009 à 08:15
Hello,
I am having all kinds of problems on my computer!!!! I am not computer savvy so i ahve no idea what i'm really doing. First of all i use windows xp. I was getting messages that internet eplorer needs to close all the time. I am now using IE8. I can't open new tabs or they are very slow to open. When i try to close a page or a tab it will not let me. I read somewhere about Java and which one you were using and what kinds of problems they were having. I just deleted all my Javas? Now i'm afraid i may have really messed things up. If anyone could please help i would appreciate it.
Related:

1 response

joeman169 Posts 23 Registration date Saturday 2 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 3 May 2009 10
3 May 2009 à 15:14
hopefully you didnt just go deleting folders all willy nilly....
make sure you always use the "add\remove programs" to remove programs
removing java is no big deal, its free and almost automatic to download
it sounds more like you have a few viruses, malware and spyware. IE8 doesnt just screw up for no reason.

i recommend you get a GOOD antivirus thats UP TO DATE
possibly some spyware\adware and malware stuff

i recommend symantec antivirus....
run scans, then run scans in safe mode.... look it up
didijojo70 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday 2 May 2009 Status Member Last seen 4 May 2009
4 May 2009 à 08:15
We have avast. We used to have Norton but everyone was telling me that Avast was just as good. So is there no way to remove adware or spyware without paying for it? Also what is up with "IE needs to close" all the time. Also i tried to use the free Norton scan and it said it couldn't run the scan because i didn't have scripts and addons enabled but i do because i checked?