Computer won't load into BIOS - please help!

Closed
mrallan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2009 - May 4, 2009 at 06:54 AM
 Rishbh - Nov 14, 2009 at 11:50 AM
Hello,

I have a really annoying problem. When I turn on my laptop, the HDD LED comes on for about 3 seconds and the fan spins up, but then the fan stops and the HDD LED goes off, then it all comes back on again about 1-2 seconds later, then all turns off again for good about 3 seconds after that.

What is wrong with this? I have taken out the RAM and re-inserted it, I have checked for any dust. It has done it before, but I have been able to turn it on recently without any problems. But now its resurfaced again.

The computer is an Acer Extensa 5620.

Please help as I would really love to continue my studies lol

Regards
Brendon

3 responses

supervillain39 Posts 7 Registration date Thursday March 19, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 17
May 4, 2009 at 09:40 AM
hi,
this may be a battery problem.
connect the charger when starting the laptop and see the result.
mrallan Posts 2 Registration date Sunday May 3, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 4, 2009
May 4, 2009 at 03:56 PM
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I tried that when I was trying to figure out the problem, but it still does it without the battery in it, and the charger plugged in.
I have faced these type of problems in my laptop too. If u want help mail me at rishbhsharma2008@gmail.com
I am having the exact same problem and same symptoms. Please help. Have you figured out whats wrong and how to fix it yet?