Acer laptop keyboard and mouse won't work [Solved/Closed]

- Jul 5, 2009 at 12:30 PM - Latest reply:  Ebf46
- Jan 27, 2018 at 03:05 PM
Hello,

my name is david spellman and I have an Acer laptop and the whole keyboard and mouse locked up when I was trying to install a wireless internet on my computer. Then the mouse and keyboard locked up all of a sudden and I shutdown and restarted my acer laptop a couple times but the mouse and keyboard was still locked. So I need advice on how to unlock the built in mouse on my laptop and the keyboard.

thanks,

David Spellman
See more 

34 replies

Best answer
Thank you
Acer 5600's will lock up the keyboard when the battery is fried also, Just an FYI.

If your keyboard and mouse stop, unplug the battery with the power cable in and if it works, your battery is toast.

Thank you, Angels 13

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1662 users this month

Registration date
Wednesday May 13, 2009
Last seen
October 7, 2010
- Jul 5, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Thank you
Dear David,

I just think you accidentally locked your keyboard and touchpad by pressing the function key!

Just press: FN + F6

this will unlock the keyboard and touchpad!

Thanks
Aooowwww. Thank you so much! I had the same problem too. huhu! SUPER THANK YOU! LOVE LOTS GUYS!
By pressing the blue "FN" key and F7 together, your problem should be resolved. All the best, Ian
THANK YOUUUU!!!
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
November 16, 2018
- Aug 1, 2010 at 04:44 PM
Pay to the next
thank you so much I solved my problem
Thank you
press control alt delete brings up a window, click task manager twice, when task manager comes up do nothing to it but close it, mouse will then unlock, wow
Thank you
Needed to repost this again, since there is no delete button and I made an error in my last post but I meant:

Actually, you DON'T press Fn and F6 together. I also have a Acer laptop (mini) and my mouse just got stuck today, I tried pressing FN + F6 like someone said above but it didn't work, then I saw a key with a hand icon printed on it (which is F7) so I pressed Fn and F7 together and my mouse unfroze. Hope this helps you (if your problem isn't fixed yet) or anyone else for that matter, who may need help too.
remove the battery
afterwards disable battery management

keyboard and mouse need 5 V
and dont get it because of failing electronics
Thank you for the advise about fm and f7 it really works
tanks uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu sssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooo much to any one
Thank you
not only fn +f7

u need FN +F7 +ALT
BR
KARIM
this helped me: simply press FN + F7 if your mouse is not working.

Thanks!
I have an acer aspire 5100 laptop and the keyboard and mouse are frozen. It starts but I cannot put it into command or safe start because other than the start function I can press fn + F7 or 6 or every other key and it simply starts up with the pointer in the middle of the screen but that is it. I had this problem repaired once and the guy never told me what he did to fix it - he did not reformat it tho - so I think it is something simple. Does anyone have some idea??
ps - I have pulled the battery numerous times and it is not fried.
Thank you
Actually, you press Fn and F6 together. I also have a Acer laptop (mini) and my mouse just got stuck today, I tried pressing FN + F6 like someone said above but it didn't work, then I saw a key with a hand icon printed on it (which is F7) so I pressed Fn and F7 together and my mouse unfroze. Hope this helps you (if your problem isn't fixed yet) or anyone else for that matter, who may need help too.
WOOOT! my laptop mouse has been locked for years, ty!
it didnt work for me, I left my laptop for 4 days without using it and the mouse wouldnt work but when I connect the usb mouse it works.
yea mira same thing but I hate using it
my mouse is locked.. I have a acer laptop too and I tried fn & f7 and nothing happened. it just said something about selecting text with keyboard...
Jessica, Thank you VERY much! I had no used this mini for 4 years or more. Touching FN then F7 worked like a charm.
Thank you
Press Fn + F7 button on you keyboard. this will unlock ur touchpad.