Toshiba u925t-s2120 hybrid freezes at "leading innovation"

Closed
Frozen in Frisco - Oct 23, 2016 at 04:04 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 24, 2016 at 05:19 AM
Hello,

I recently attempted to upgrade my Toshiba hybrid from Win 8.1 to Win 10. It was functioning without problems under Win 8.1. Everything seemed to go well . . . Downloading . . . Preparing . . . Upgrading. At that point, it was bedtime, and I woke up this morning to find my machine shut down. Upon re-start, it simply freezes at the "Leading Innovation" screen. Not a lot of innovation in a frozen screen, frankly.

I cannot get it to go to "Safe Boot" mode. I can get to the Setup Utility Screen, but there is nothing obvious to do there to fix the problem.

Note that this does not have an optical drive, and the battery is not (easily) removable, so solutions cannot involve removing the battery or booting off DVD.

Very much appreciate any suggestions.

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 24, 2016 at 05:19 AM
Hi Frozen in Frisco,

So right now you cannot reach the Windows loading screen but it is possible to enter the BIOS menu, right? Is it possible to reset it to its default settings? Check what happens when you connect a Windows installation USB drive. Any changes? As you mentioned, unfortunately, there are not a lot options left. If there was a problem with Windows installation, restarting the process should fix the problem. If it doesn’t you should reset BIOS.I would call the laptop manufacturer’s support for some model specific instructions.

Hope this helps