I have no clue well no bootable device restart with disc tha

Closed
Landensmith6 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday October 23, 2016 Status Member Last seen October 23, 2016 - Oct 23, 2016 at 10:36 PM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Oct 24, 2016 at 06:37 AM
After while it started noticing the lap top would turn off and restarted it 3 times for a finely turned on and then one day it says no bootable device found please insert disk I don't have a disc so I got on the computer and people showed me all these different ways on how to do this and how to do that get it to reboot your hard drive and this and that I'm exhausted but doing everything I don't have a disc is there any way that someone can help me with this situation I will have to download it onto is an SD card an 8 gig SD card and then transfer it maybe I don't know I don't know don't know the thing I do know is I need help and I appreciate if anybody can help me
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
Oct 24, 2016 at 06:11 AM
Hi

Sorry, I have bad news for you.

"no bootable device found" means that your hard disk is damaged and must be replaced.

Regards
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Oct 24, 2016 at 06:37 AM
Hi Landensmith,

Are you able to open the BIOS menu? If you are, please check if the hard drive is detected there. I believe your PC cannot locate the hard drive and that is why you get the message to insert a disk. If your laptop is under warranty, you should contact the seller and ask for guidance.
If warranty has expired, you should open the laptop and check if the hard drive is correctly placed. Remove it and connect it in a desktop PC as a secondary storage drive. If the drive is still not recognized, you may need to get a new one. Do you have important data stored on the drive?

Hope this helps