Dell inspiron 15 goes blank after Dell logo shows

Closed
Achese - Nov 10, 2016 at 09:41 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Nov 10, 2016 at 11:23 AM
I was using my laptop on my bed in the hostel then i slept off. I pushed the laptop off the bed then it went off as it hit the ground. Ever since i have tried switching it on but all it does is show the dell logo then it gives a blank screen with only the cursor showing. After like 4 hrs it then shows the windows sign in then after five minutes of please wait it trips off. I noticed that the laptop becomes extremely slow. Please any help on this
Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Nov 10, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Hello Achese,

Let me give you an idea> try to restore the system through a repair CD if you have one. once you've booted from it, it will guide through the process of restoration.
Something more: When restart your computer, go after pressing the appropriate F key to navigate to the Windows menu. From there you should have access to restore your OS. Open the Command Prompt in safe mode and run the command:
sfc / scannow
Then press Enter and wait for your OS to be repaired. If you cannot access this menu while you reboot, enter the BIOS settings. There, navigate to the storage menu to verify that your hard drive is as a first boot priority. If not, set it!

Hope this helps.