Repairing Disk Errors!! Help!

Closed
HalucinationzGaming - Dec 4, 2016 at 02:43 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Dec 5, 2016 at 09:18 AM
Have a Lenovo Yoga Pro 2 window 8.1ultrabbok with i7 is what i read in the screen. Not to tech savy but i think i can get around the problem with some help.
I got a black screen with only my cursor then went to Diagnosing, then repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete. I let it run its course and its just goes over and over. No progress.
Have only photos id like to save if possible. Did some research and got to the BIOS screen but am kinda stuck here. If yall could help please do as this baby wasn't cheap
Related:

2 responses

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Dec 4, 2016 at 01:55 PM
your hard disk has failed and needs to be replaced and Windows re-installed.

I suggest you have a local PC repair shop do the work for you.

Good Luck
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Dec 5, 2016 at 09:18 AM
Hi HalucionationzGaming,

Is the laptop under warranty? If it is, you should contact the seller. You may be facing a hardware issue. There may be a problem with your hard drive. However, even with a hard drive issue, your PC should be able to open the BIOS menu and navigate in it. Try restoring BIOS to its default settings.
In general, you may be able to recover some information, but you need to remove the drive and connect in a desktop PC. Have in mind that this may void your warranty.
If the drive is about to fail, you may have troubles accessing it on another PC. In that case, use a data recovery tool and try to save your data. I leave you some suggestions in the link below:
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/

Hope this helps