Dell Latitude E7470 get a black screen

Closed
Xyz - Updated by Ambucias on 23/12/16 at 04:48 PM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Jan 6, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Hello,
My laptop doesn't work. After restarting several times I get a black screen. I need to use my laptop urgently. Can someone help me fix this? I read some post to try and remove the battery. But I guess for this model removing a battery is very tricky.

Related:

1 response

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Jan 6, 2017 at 10:37 AM
Hello Xyz,

Since you have an Ultrabook, you wouldn't probably be able to pull out the battery. So, you should go in a different way, I guess. :) If the laptop doesn't have a warranty, you could open it while the power cable is unplugged. Then, try to localize the the CMOS battery which lies next to the processor and it looks like a watch battery. If you have another CMOS battery, you can replace it with that. If you don't, leave your current battery aside and wait for some minutes for the electricity to discharge. Then, plug the CMOS battery back in and the power cord. Try to boot your laptop again.

Cheers.