Volume control slider / icon

[Closed]
-
 Ba -
Hello,
I can control my volume, but I have to do it the long way. I used to have a picture of a little speaker at the bottom right hand of my computer (task Bar) and when I clicl on it I would get a slider bar that allowed me to control my volume,and all of a sudden it is not there and I can't figure out how to restore it,any help will be greatly appreciated.

2 replies

i dnt have volume on my laptop anymore at the bottom of the task bar where it shows the pic of volume it shows an x by it it says no audio output divice is installed what do i do ?...............thanks
Thank you

A few words of thanks would be greatly appreciated. Add comment

CCM 2821 users have said thank you to us this month

Registration date
Monday July 27, 2009
Status
Last seen
October 21, 2009
u have to install a device driver software, i've always used REALTEK AC'97. Its free and it works with all sound devices. google it and download it.
Registration date
Wednesday November 28, 2007
Status
Last seen
April 1, 2021
Hi,

Right click on the task bar > Proprieties > notification zone, and make sure that the case corresponding to the volume is checked.

C u !
I've got the same problem but my volume box is grey so I can't check it. Any ideas?
I had the same problem but I've just run new downloads arrived today & when I went to properties the volume was no longer greyed out. Ticked it and the volume control is back.