Volume control slider / icon

Closed
Pat - May 12, 2009 at 10:13 AM
 Ba - Dec 19, 2010 at 06:06 PM
Hello,
I can control my volume, but I have to do it the long way. I used to have a picture of a little speaker at the bottom right hand of my computer (task Bar) and when I clicl on it I would get a slider bar that allowed me to control my volume,and all of a sudden it is not there and I can't figure out how to restore it,any help will be greatly appreciated.
Related:

2 responses

i dnt have volume on my laptop anymore at the bottom of the task bar where it shows the pic of volume it shows an x by it it says no audio output divice is installed what do i do ?...............thanks
TheCoolMan9 Posts 38 Registration date Monday July 27, 2009 Status Member Last seen October 21, 2009 7
Oct 21, 2009 at 09:04 AM
u have to install a device driver software, i've always used REALTEK AC'97. Its free and it works with all sound devices. google it and download it.
Anonymous User
May 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM
Hi,

Right click on the task bar > Proprieties > notification zone, and make sure that the case corresponding to the volume is checked.

C u !
I've got the same problem but my volume box is grey so I can't check it. Any ideas?
I had the same problem but I've just run new downloads arrived today & when I went to properties the volume was no longer greyed out. Ticked it and the volume control is back.