Two yahoo accounts each one is an alternate account of another??

Closed
YahooUser - Updated by YahooUser on 10/01/17 at 07:29 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 13, 2017 at 06:04 AM
At some point I had only one yahoo account, then with the recovery option using alternate account, I created anther one. now I am locked from both because each one of my yahoo accounts is a recovery account for another and yahoo is locking my login even I have the correct account_id and password. Please help!!

Thanks,
Related:

2 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 11, 2017 at 05:11 AM
Sorry but in your case account recovery is impossible.
so, that's it?? impossible??
why they created the recovery option if you can't recover even you have the right account_id and password with the correct alternate accounts for each one???

they don't even give the option to answer the secret question ??

I am loosing all my contacts/job information??
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 11, 2017 at 04:22 PM
The Yahoo system determines which options to display based on factors like where you’re signing in from and recovery info on your account. Mobile phone number and alternate email address.

When the Password Helper says that your password can't be reset online - If you've tried using the Sign-in Helper and weren't able to get access to your account, other recovery options may not be available. We know it can be frustrating to see the fail page, but in these rare cases, we recommend creating a new Yahoo account.
creating new account won't help in any way!!! I can't recover last 14 years of my contacts and work documents!!!

at least they should have required a non yahoo recovery account!!

is there any way/option to unlock at least one of them??
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171 > YahooUser
Jan 12, 2017 at 04:42 PM
that's insane!!!!!!!!!
how can I change my security information and protect my accounts while I am locked out from accessing them??

they shouldn't be locking accountsjust like that!! especially with circular recovery accounts (I can't have 10 accounts to secure 5!!!!)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171 > YahooUser
Jan 12, 2017 at 05:24 PM
That's probably one of the reason Yahoo was sold to Verizon and the present Yahoo president was shown the exit door.

As a recovery, when you created the account or accounts, as a recovery email you should have given a Hotmail account or an account which in my case is provided by my ISP.

I have written the following CCM "How-to" you may find it helpful.

Click on the following link to view the How-to:
https://ccm.net/faq/36332-how-to-recover-your-yahoo-mail-account
Thanks! but non of this how-to-recover solve the problem!!!

as for choosing the recovery account, each email provider ( yahoo, hotmail, gmail....) uses the same recovery account process ==> if hotmail account is the recovery account for yahoo, what should I provide to recover hotmail account??.....