HP Laptop pavilion DV7 restarts

Closed
Madan - Updated by Ambucias on 16/02/17 at 07:24 AM
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   - Feb 20, 2017 at 03:39 AM
Hello,

I am having aHP laptop pavilion DV7 with intel core i7 with 6 GB ram.
whenever i run it for skype or Utube movies, after some time it trips and restarts . i loose my unsave work. Battery have been replaced. Hard disk also replaced
pls. assist.

Related:

2 responses

KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 16, 2017 at 10:08 AM
Hello Madan,

Since you said that you have already replaced the HDD and the battery, I assume that the problem could be hidden somewhere else. Frankly said, I suspect some driver failure or problem with the videochip of the motherboard. Did you update the all the chipsets recently? Also, did you make some software or hardware changes to the lappy? If so, share more details.

Cheers.
thanks for prompt response.
as regards the tripping problem, further i would like to update you on the corrective actions further carried out on the laptop. the video chip of the mother board, all the drivers, and OS (windows 7XP Ultimate) system have been either reloaded or replaced.
Still the laptop is tripping on Utube when we play Movies and on Skype.
this problem had started about 3 years ago while i was playing a DVD, and hard disc crashed and data could not be recovered. new harddisc installed that time. since than the problem of tripping continued.
Now i decided to get the problem solved. above mentioned actions are done.
requested to suggest
Thanks
KY_WD Posts 2053 Registration date Thursday October 23, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2017   122
Feb 20, 2017 at 03:39 AM
It could be defective motherboard causing the problem since you said that it has been giving you this failure for the past 3 years.
Good luck!