Computer Crashes

Closed
RAWC90 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2008 - Jun 8, 2008 at 02:12 PM
RAWC90 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2008 - Jun 9, 2008 at 09:39 AM
Hello, Im guessing this is a hardware issue..

Im using a XP OS with AMD AM2 Proccesor, 256 Geforce GC 80gb HDD and 2gig Ram. I loaded up my computer fine, went into game with no problems but when i came out my monitor went black and said no display. So i rebooted without a display bt computer still runs, no beeps jst fans so i know its running. I needed to upgrade anyway so i brought a 512 GC and a 500Gig HDD but there is no change, iv replaced the Motherboard, monitor and RAM without any differnce. The only thing i havnt changed now is my proccesor, its the most expensive so im hopeing i dont have to buy a new one. Any advice before i spend my money on a new Proccesor!? cant get into bios or get my CD/DVD drive to open while the PC is on bt green lights do come on if that helps

1 response

Mthunzi Posts 1 Registration date Wednesday June 4, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2008 1
Jun 9, 2008 at 05:54 AM
I know you dont wanna hear this but that normally a RAM or Processor problem. If you have a friend with a PC, just ask him to use his processor to test the root cause of the problem. I have experienced it million times when building, upgrading or simply fixing a client's PC. Carefully check the pins on the motherboard that come into contact with the motherboard and make none of the are "damaged" or has move to the "side". Try also to swap the memory, processor and test your power supply as well. Good Luck buddy
RAWC90 Posts 2 Registration date Saturday June 7, 2008 Status Member Last seen June 9, 2008
Jun 9, 2008 at 09:39 AM
Cheers for getting back to me, iv had a friend round to take a look and he things its the motherboard, he brought one of his own and managed to get it running. My only problem now is finding a motherboard thats AGP not PCi, if you know of any websites it would be great. Thanks again