July 20, 2017
-
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 28, 2020
-
I have a Lenovo laptop and it has just started to shut down after it starts and I do not know how I can stop this from happening. I think I might have clicked on a box that says after finished computer will shut down, but I do not know how to get back there to uncheck this. I am a senior. If someone knows anything about this, I would appreciate any help given.

Thank you

3 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 28, 2020
Hello 2slow,

So you are a senior. At what age does one become a senior ? You are not an old goat like me are you ?

Now, when you start the computer, do you get a message just before it shuts down ?

Does it get to the Lenovo or Windows screen ?

What is your operating system, like which version of Windows ?

How old is your machine ?

I will get back to you in the morning, I missed my afternoon nap so I must catch-up.

Take care and best regards
Registration date
Wednesday July 19, 2017
Status
Last seen
July 20, 2017

I have the windows 10. Everything comes on like it is suppose to, but then the screen goes all blank with the twirling arrow and message reads shutting down all this after I have logged on and put in my password. My laptop is three years old now. Seniors are usually 65.

Thank you
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
May 28, 2020
65! By Canadian standards, you are still a young foal!

Your case is a sticky wicket.

You must try to boot in safe mode in order to restore your system to a date prior to when the issue occurred.

I will show you how in pictures.

Number one, before you sign in:

Number two

Number three

Number four

Please select restore system to a previous point

You will see a calendar with bold dates, select a date prior to when the issue occurred and click okay. Let the system run.

Number 5, restart your system and see if the issue is still occurring.

Good luck