Summer has officially begun and gamers all around the globe are eager to find out about the best deals that are being cooked up by the video gaming industry. One of the mayor campaigns to be on the lookout for is the 2023 Steam Summer Sale. Here's everything you need to know about this summer's Steam discount event.
When is the 2023 Steam Summer Sale?
Besides several other sales festivals, Valve traditionally offers four mayor seasonal discount campaigns: Spring Sale, Summer Sale, Autumn Sale, and Winter Sale. This year's Summer Sale will take place from June 29 to July 13, 2023. And to be more precise, the sale will go live at 1 PM EST (10 PM EST or 6 PM GMT). Prepare yourself for fifteen days of epic gaming discounts!
When to expect from the 2023 Steam Summer Sale?
We'll be straight with you: brace yourself (and your wallet) as you can expect Valve to go BIG this summer. The Steam Summer Sale tends to offer some of the biggest discounts of the year, and Valve promises to publish exciting deals on thousands of AAA games, as well as critically acclaimed indie titles.
What games are confirmed?
Before going into details, we'll start by dropping Steams' official Summer Sale trailer:
As you can see in the trailer, Valve gives us a little sneak peak of the games that will be on discount. Below is a list of all the games featured in the trailer:
- Anno 1800
- Smalland: Survive the Wilds
- The Mageseeker: A League of Legends Story
- Pharaoh: A New Era
- Vertigo 2
- Dead Cells
- Terra Nil
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI
- Stardew Valley
- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - GOTY Edition
- Total War: WARHAMMER III
As well as these titles, there will without a doubt be significant discounts for a huge number of other games. As always, however, the exact titles to be featured in the sales campaign are difficult to predict. You can expect to save up to 85% on selected games. And perhaps the best thing about Steam's Summer Sale is that it isn't restricted to older games. You will also be able to find deals on recent titles, although the discount for those games is typically not higher than 10 to 30%.
Other Steam Sales during 2023
Now that we've almost reached the half-year mark, several events have already taken place. Here's the Steam sales campaign schedule for the remainder of 2023:
- Summer Sale: June 29 - July 13 (major seasonal sale)
- Stealth Fest: July 24 - 31
- Visual Novel Fest: August 7 - 14
- Strategy Fest: August 28 - September 4
- SHMUP Fest: September 25 - October 2
- Next Fest: October 9 - 16
- Return of Steam Scream Fest (Halloween): October 26 - November 2 (additional details to come)
- Autumn Sale: November 21 - 28 (major seasonal sale)
- Winter Sale: December 21 - January 4, 2024 (major seasonal sale)