More than a videogame itself, Aim Lab is a training solution for gamers who seek technique and perfection when it comes to shooting. It was created by a team of neuroscientists and its goal is to prepare gamers to face the complexity of FPS games.
What is Aim Lab?
Aim Lab is a training platform designed by gamers to help you hone your core FPS aiming skills. It provides a complete and comprehensive set of tools to enhance your aim, no matter which FPS game you play.
What are the key features of Aim Lab?
- Strategy: During training, players discover their shooting style and which weapon is best adapted to their skills. In addition, they can learn about their tendencies and behaviors when using specific weapons and in particular situations, always aiming for more accuracy when shooting.
- Skills: The trained skills are speed, accuracy, reaction time, visual acuity, decision-making, adaptation, and visual attention. The goal is to explore one’s maximum potential.
- More than 500 compatible games: Every first-person shooter is unique. For that reason, Aim Lab allows you to load the default settings of whatever game you want to train for, including Apex Legends, Destiny 2, Fortnite, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and many more.
- Feedback: After each training, Aim Lab delivers a report containing the skills to improve, as well as some tips to do so.
- Graphics: Although the visuals of Aim Lab are relatively simple, they do their job perfectly well. In the end, this is nothing more than a shooting precision and technique trainer, so the functionality of the game is much more important than its looks.
How to use Aim Lab?
You can consult several guides online, as there are many ways to use Aim Lab, like this thorough guide on Steam.
Does Aim Lab actually work?
According to Steam, 94% of a total of over 70,000 users have given this game a positive rating. If we use these ratings as an indicator of the effectiveness of Aim Lab as a training tool, we can say without a doubt that it really helps you to improve your aim and reflexes. More precisely, these are the different skill sets that can be trained in Aim Labs:
- Precision: This is all about improving the precision of your shots. Aim Lab measures the distance between the center of your targets and the actual impact place where your shots hit those targets.
- Accuracy: A measure of how frequently the targets are hit by your shots.
- Speed: The amount of time it takes you to hit your targets from the moment they appear on the screen.
- Tracking: This training mode helps you to get more efficient at hitting a moving target.
- Flicking: Flicking refers to the ability to re-target objects as soon as they move to a different location.
- Counter strafing: Whilst not specifically being a shooting skill, counter strafing is a very important defense ability. Essentially, it is about moving in the opposite direction of your enemies, thus making it more difficult for them to hit you.
Aim Lab is not rated by any of the industry standard game rating boards. Nonetheless, most shooters compatible with this training game have received an age classification. Therefore, it would be sensible to consider those particular age ratings when using Aim Lab to improve your skills for the FPS of your choice.
Is Aim Lab free?
Aim Lab is free to use.