Monitor doesn’t get a signal

Closed
Yolopeep107 Posts 1 Registration date Friday January 5, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 5, 2018 - Updated on Jan 5, 2018 at 12:22 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Jan 5, 2018 at 02:56 PM
Hello,

So I built my computer recently and I’m pretty sure I put everything in correctly how ever when I boot it I turns on perfectly fine and the fans spin gpu and psu fans spin and my power button works but it just doesn’t get signal for some reason.. I tried using hdmi from gpu to my display and that got no signal and I tried removing the gpu and using vga from my motherboard and still I got 0 signal. I tried cleaning my ram but I was wondering if the b350 tomahawk mother board supports 3000mhz ram because I have no idea if that matters, because when I built it on pcpartpicker it said all my parts were compatible so that’s where I’m confused. I feel like I may have messed up a pcie cable or something in my mother board. Also I have nothing in my ssd not even windows and now I have no idea what could be causing this error PLEASE HELP!!!

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 5, 2018 at 02:56 PM
Check the power connections to the motherboard. Check the CPU to see if it was inserted correctly. Check to see if the motherboard supports the exact CPU you are using. Check the power supply using a special tester or installing it in another computer. Check to see if your MB is not shorting out to the case.

You memory speed is OK with that computer.