Can’t recover my hacked Facebook account

Closed
9963634806 - Updated on Dec 2, 2018 at 06:07 AM
Ratnendra Ashok Posts 598 Registration date Wednesday November 28, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2020   - Dec 4, 2018 at 02:39 AM
Hello,

I have been hacked and cannot recover my account. i get close......I think.

I seem to have been able to reset my password, and facebook sends me a txt with a link to 'verify my identity'. I click the link and basically end up in a loop trying to verify my identity.

Latest I got to a page where I can change email address for my FB account. After clicking continue to change email, i am directed to a page asking me upload a copy of my ID. I do not trust this at all. Is this normal...........or is this the hacker looking for more?

I would really appreciate any guidance here.

Thanks.
Related:
Confirm your identity facebook hack
Why is facebook asking me to confirm my identity 2017 - Best answers
Confirm my id - Best answers
Facebook Identity not confirmed - Forum - Facebook
Stuck in Facebook Confirmation Identity - Forum - Facebook
Unable to Confirm Facebook account identity on another computer. - Forum - Facebook
Unable to confirm my identity on Messenger - Forum - Facebook
Facebook says I need to confirm my identity - Forum - Facebook

1 response

Ratnendra Ashok Posts 598 Registration date Wednesday November 28, 2018 Status Member Last seen June 4, 2020   4,418
Dec 4, 2018 at 02:39 AM
Hi,

Finding that your Facebook account has been hacked is upsetting. You can begin the recovery process from this link. It requires your Login Name, Password, Phone number and a new mail ID [in case the hacker has changed your account information] but not any copy of your ID. The process takes up to 24 hours to recover your account after filling the correct information.

You can visit this link to explore all options to recover your hacked account.

To prevent the same incident in future, I would also suggest you to change your password on a regular frequency after recovering the account.

Please revert in case of any query! 

Thanks