Ares Galaxy search not working

Angies - Updated on May 8, 2023 at 04:35 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14289 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 7, 2024 - May 8, 2023 at 04:34 PM

Hello,

i downloaded ares galaxy, accept for whitney houston.. no artist or artist songs no matter what i put in the search window will show a list of their songs.. just keeps saying "searching for blahblah" i'm connected.. and like i said, no errors at all for whitney houston.. but she is the only artist that will show.. i even tried multiple ways.. by song title.. artists.. pop songs, country songs.. and all it says is "searching", and won't load anything for me to load.. this is the only music upload site i can find that works.. and is free and i've used it for more than 20 years.

please help.. i guess i have a windows 11 desk top pc.. i'm computer literate to a point.. i'm not going to know big techy things.. but never had a problem loading or downloading anything. thank you anyone that can help i'm getting beyond frusterated.

- Angies -​​​​​​​
Windows / Chrome 112.0.0.0

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14289 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 7, 2024 1,890
May 8, 2023 at 04:34 PM

Hi,

Try adding an exception to Ares in the Windows Firewall. Go to Settings and under Privacy & Security, select Firewall & network protection. Next, choose Allow an app through firewall.

In the "Allowed apps" window, click the Change settings button. Check the box for Ares P2P for Windows as well as the box for Private next to it. Click Ok to save the changes.

Hope this helps.