Fujitsu laptop won't turn on after battery control update

JV - Updated on Oct 28, 2023 at 07:21 PM
HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 - Nov 13, 2023 at 07:59 AM

Hello,

I updated the software on my Fujitsu Lifebook E554 as per instructions on the pop-ups. Bios update went well, then I did the "Battery Control" software update. The laptop shut down (but the software warned that this could happen), but after that it won't turn on. Wall adapter is working, but charging light on the laptop no longer lights up, power button does nothing, tried unplugging the wall adapter and plugging back in, tried removing the battery, etc. Even tried switching ssd's. Nothing works. Last resort would probably be resetting the CMOS by unplugging the CMOS battery? But I thought I'd ask before doing that, if there is any other solution.
Please help. Laptop was working fine before that (on Windows 10), now I swapped ssd's and installed fresh windows11, configured it etc., then after installing fujitsu software it died.

Windows

Related:

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 14306 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 18, 2024 1,891
Nov 13, 2023 at 07:59 AM

Hi,

It is unfortunately possible that the update has damaged your motherboard... Here's a thread on the Fujitsu forum reporting the same problem as yours.

Also, Windows 11 isn't officially compatible with your model.

I think the last thing you can do is to unplug the CMOS battery to reset your BIOS... Otherwise, contact Fujitsu Support to request a motherboard replacement.

Good luck.