Fujitsu A514 won't turn on properly

Closed
Sam - Sep 15, 2016 at 12:53 PM
 Blocked Profile - Sep 15, 2016 at 07:54 PM
Hello,
Laptop suddenly turned off and now won't turn on. When I press the power button the light comes on but nothing else happens, and it won't even respond if I hold down the power button to turn it off.
Tried turning it on with the battery removed and adapter in but exactly the same thing happens.
Any ideas?

1 response

Blocked Profile
Sep 15, 2016 at 07:46 PM
Take both the battery, and the power adapter out. Unplug the adapter from the wall. Disconnect the adapter from itself to make two parts. Leave those sitting while you hold the POWER button down on your laptop for about 59 seconds (count it seriously)! After that, put battery back in, connect everything. Try again! Post back!
Yeah, sorry should have made it clearer. This was what I have already tried
Blocked Profile
Sep 15, 2016 at 07:54 PM
So, you did take the adapter apart? If so, then you need to look for lights blinking. If no lights, then you need to take out RAM. If you are not prepared to do that, take it to a technician. If you go down the remove RAM road, make certain you use ESD precautions!

If you take out the ram, and try, and it beeps, then at least the motherboard is good. Place in 1 RAM stick. Try it again. If no boot, try the other one. Make one change at a time!

Post back.