Ask a question Report

Cod 4 modernwarfare pc iw3mp.exe has stopped [Solved/Closed]

Hayden_hsv 4Posts Monday July 27, 2009Registration date July 28, 2009 Last seen - Latest answer on Jan 1, 2013 02:56AM
i have recently had a problem with call of duty 4 modern warfare online (pc), each time i click on join server a message comes up saying iw3mp.exe has stopped working. i have tried nearly everything, so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.
Read more 

moins plus
hye guys pls help me
i just bought cod4 for the pc. the single player works fine buth the multy not
evry time i want open multy they says that there is an problem... i cant play multy!!!

trying to help:)- Jun 14, 2010 08:55AM
* Go to Start then Control Panel
* Double click on the Sound Tool
* Click on the Recording tab
* Right click and select "View Disabled Devices"
* Enable the Stereo Mix

After that, COD4 will run normally!
sixpacks- Jun 19, 2010 11:59PM
I believe he said for windows such thing as stereo mix
abgh1- Jun 25, 2010 11:17AM
thanx man
u helped me a lot
Trouzorz- Dec 16, 2012 06:23AM
Have many many attempts to fix this over many years and finally its working! thanks a lot!
Jonathan- Jan 1, 2013 02:56AM
Wow, this actually worked in Win 7 Ultimate Edition.
moins plus
Plug in your Sound AND a Microphone together at the front or back of your computer.

Now start the multiplayer.exe

I just tried it and it worked. First time I've been able to play the multiplayer...

moins plus
HI my problem was that i had a mod loaded called zombies. If this is ur case before clicking join game click the mods tab. Then try loading each mod then hitting the join game tab, once u find the 1 that works(most likley zombies) make sure u change the game type to something normal like sd tdm or all then it will load on the regular game when u start up :)

moins plus
i have the same problem the way i get round it is that if you have any mods lauch cod4 with the any mod then slect join server and itshould run fine :D

moins plus
Hello there,

I will advise you to uninstall the game and to re-install it again

This will solve the problem

Hayden_hsv 4Posts Monday July 27, 2009Registration date July 28, 2009 Last seen - Jul 28, 2009 06:53AM
i tried that and it didnt work.
when i did it, it asked to save my files or remove them i kept them, do i need to delete them.
T1_is_A1- Oct 12, 2009 12:21PM
hey man id say just to play on cracked servers go look it up on utube
bran- Apr 27, 2010 07:58PM
same thing happend to me with windows seven uninstaled the game an installed it agian and it still doesnt work on multiplayer
bboyhawk- Jun 13, 2010 07:44AM
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME WHY WHEN I CLICK IN MULTIPLAYER COD4 HE SAYS iw3mp.exe has stopped???? please tell me how to fix it!!! i have windows 7 its because of that?
Septus10- Jun 14, 2010 07:16AM
If you get error on windows 7 try plugging in a microphone that worked for me, or right click cod4 and compability and then open with windows xp service pack 3, these are just some solutions and to the main problem just create new account it should work then
This document entitled « cod 4 modernwarfare pc iw3mp.exe has stopped » from CCM ( is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.