Call of duty 4 multiplayer [Solved/Closed]

al - Oct 9, 2008 at 05:42 PM - Latest reply:  HiTMan
- May 22, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Hello,
I have call of duty 4 and singleplayer works great but my multiplayer wont. when I go on to multiplayer I can load in fine but when I go to join a server and click refrsh nothing happens it just says finding master server.I did the LAN internet connection and still no servers. Please help me.
See more 

31 replies

Best answer
Thank you
You can change your code key in the reg file in your game just open it with notepad at the bottom you'll see code key just change that it's 20 number and letters then just goto file click save then double click the reg file hit ok and your done. If you still can't get a Lan game going then goto your regedit file after doing the reg look for the game in software you'll see it there under Activision click on that file then click on COD4 to your right you'll see codkey click on that put in your new key close and start the game it's that easy I have 5 computers in my house with the game one acting as the server the others we lan on works great. If lets say you have a friend that let you use the game but you don't have a key look around or go buy your own game with one ethier type of key will let you play on lan if you don't have a "good key". hehe, then most likely no your not going to internet But you can start a server. Also to answer the Question about the can't see my server? Check your Network places look in your firewall settings make sure you have the game unblocked and listed there if not jus add the game exe. Good hunting and I hope this help those with problems.

Thank you, Powoneu 53

Something to say? Add comment

CCM has helped 1893 users this month

could u please tell me were do I get the code from?
wheres the reg file???i looked but its not in here :(
i cant type in my cd key...it skips boxes when I input key lol HELP!!!
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Mar 31, 2010 at 03:42 PM
As far as I know, you can also input your key ingame by going to options on the main menu and then internet options, your key should appear there.
hi
i have a multiplayer call of duty 2..but I dont no how to join internet..i try to join but..appears "key code in use" ...wat should I do..please help me =(
Thank you
@ sk8-is-cool
This is because you created a dedicated server, I suggest either looking for a dedicated server guide elsewhere because it envolves creating a config file of console commands for your server OR creating a non-dedicated server (in the start new server section set Dedicated: No) because you don't have to restart the game and you can just use the in-game console ([`~] key next to 1). Dedicated is only really if you want a server up 24/7.

@Al
If you use a router you probably don't have the ports needed to refresh the server list open. Go to http://portforward.com/ and follow the instructions according to your router. Check your Firewall (exceptions tab if you don't want to turn it off) and your anti-virus software.

@Aussiegreens
Sometimes it takes up to 10mins for your server to show up on a list. If it doesn't show up verify if it has been created correctly (give a friend you IP and see if they can /connect IP) NB 192.168 is a LAN IP and may not work if you are fowarding ports (you can find your internet IP [dynamic or static] at http://www.mywanip.com/)
Thank you
@ langas
The console you are seeing is perfectly normal, do not close this, if you do your server will crash. If you selected LAN in the Start New Server menu and the game closed and the CoD4 console came up it means it's working correctly - the ony time this doesn't happen is in non-dedicated servers. Simply launch the game again and then find your server on the game list (or what my clan and I do with my internet server is added my IP to favorites so whenever I host it they can quickly connect) and join it. From then on any console commands you want, for example respawn time, you enter into the console window running in the background (e.g. no respawn time, type "set scr_dm_waverespawndelay 1" - note that this is for a deathmatch aka free-for-all). Any other commands, for example, time limit and server name, will be kept from the start new server menu as they are saved locally.
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Mar 22, 2010 at 03:53 PM
Also, note when using console commands after the server has been launched (which is always unless you have created a config.cfg for a dedicated server), players may achieve pings of 999 periodically. Also, if you have too many people playing on your server this may also happen.
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Mar 20, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Thank you
From my previous post.
If you use a router you probably don't have the ports needed to refresh the server list open. Go to http://portforward.com/ and follow the instructions according to your router. Check your Firewall (exceptions tab if you don't want to turn it off) and your anti-virus software.
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Mar 21, 2010 at 04:23 PM
Thank you
@ Harry
In the case that you run Steam, when you double click the game and two options appear, one being single player the other multiplayer. If you do not run Steam, launch single player and on the main menu there is a option called Multiplayer.

@Ebil
Do you mean by yourself or with others?
Do you intend to change game modes (s&d, tdm, hq ect.)?

These are variables which change depending on what you want to do. For example, the folllowing is for a server with just yourself with one game mode and multiple maps:
Launch Multiplayer;
Click start new server;
Set dedicated: no and any other desired settings;
Launch the server;
To change maps, type /map mp_shipment (for example) into the console ['~] key.
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - May 27, 2010 at 03:34 AM
Thank you
@ wppao
The easiest way to find your keycode is going into the COD4 Multiplayer and going to options. Under Multiplayer Options should be your keycode. Alternately, you could use your registry but that would be a last resort as I don't like messing around in my registry.

Edit: Unless of course you mean you need it for install in which case it should be located somewhere on the box/booklet/CD case if you purchased it retail.
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Mar 22, 2010 at 03:47 PM
Thank you
If however, your code is purchased and you still recieve this error, the most likely problem is that someone has stolen your code. To my knowledge there is not much you can do about it except buy a new code.
Thank you
mate, just reinstall it
Thank you
Now that helped much -_-" Plz dont fk dude above ...

Now I have the problem too: I reinstalled CoD 4, My LAN works fine ( I can play WoW and Internet ), My KeyCode is damn right, But still I cant find a fking server. With CoD 5 I got the same fking problem

ITS ANNOYING

:) Plz help us, we're desperate (:
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Mar 22, 2010 at 03:39 PM
@ Eclipse
I cannot stress this enough, I had this problem till I found that this works.
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Mar 16, 2010 at 02:12 AM
Thank you
Any other questions you can ask to my new registered account that was made due to the interest in this topic.
Thank you
you need too download punkbuster, google it, download and install, find call of duty, refresh it then your done....enjoy online play
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - May 17, 2010 at 02:10 AM
Not entirely true, yes you need punkbuster to play on PB enabled servers but this will not solve connection problems, if punkbuster is out of date it will kick from a game after you have joined and state the reason why you were kicked. Simply downloading it won't fix connection issues.
Locky the love jocky - Jun 6, 2010 at 05:04 AM
Thank you
you need to install all the updates in order from patch 1 to 6 I can't remember the site but yea
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Jun 7, 2010 at 03:36 PM
Thank you
The problem is not with the installation. If you read the question he says he can play single player fine. Patching shouldn't make a difference, it you bought ut recently it should already have 1.7 loaded. harry one nut is half right, it's your internet connection, it refreshed when you leave the game because you don't have the right port on your router open (that's assuming your behind a router). This is an easy fix. I am fowarding the following ports:
*Both UDP and TCP protocols

You don't need them all, your best bet is going with just 28960 because that is the main server list. For an easy guide for setting up ports go to www.portfowarding.com.
xxkrazykiller2k9 - Jun 8, 2010 at 02:04 PM
Thank you
if it does that restat the game until it woks if you restart the game 5times dont do it agen cause that means your internet is fuked add me on ps3 any1 if you have it its xxkrazykiller2k9
Thank you
try re-installing your game, with your keycode then start MP and go to options>MP>Key code look if its the same you used for installing it, bcoz I used a hack once and it changed the key and I was really pissed
aussiegreens 5 Posts Sunday September 27, 2009Registration date September 28, 2009 Last seen - Sep 28, 2009 at 06:54 PM
Thank you
has any one come across the problem of not being seen on the internet when you host a game iether as dedicated and casual?
(pc version of the cod mod warfare patched to 1.7)
Thank you
try reseting your filter server settings.
Thank you
where it says deticated on start a new server put no and it would make a game for you but idk how to put players on it im still working on that
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - Apr 4, 2010 at 05:33 PM
Players can join as normal via the server list or directly connecting to your IP address.
Thank you
Well, then delete that game and download it again it might work it happened to meh
Thank you
do u have 1.7 patch??
ce.Valdor 27 Posts Tuesday March 16, 2010Registration date June 7, 2010 Last seen - May 10, 2010 at 01:22 AM
Your game should be patched to the lastest version (1.7) or you may not be able to connect to other users or use some features relevant to this topic. Remember when upgrading versions do not simply upgrade on top of the previous version, this can cause problems for some users.
1 2 Next