IPod will not sync to iTunes

Solved/Closed
Riley - Sep 3, 2009 at 11:12 PM
grahasc Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 27, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 27, 2012 - Oct 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Hello, My iPod classic has been a pain ever since I hooked it to my laptop. At first I had it hooked to the iTunes to my desktop computer and it worked PERFECT.. Then I got a laptop and ever since then it won't play all of my songs or it will play part of a song and I've tried downloading a new iTunes and reloading all my music and it doesn't work. Now it won't even connect to iTunes any more it just says "The iPod ".....'s iPod" cannot be synced. The required file cannot be found" and it does this ALLLL THE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Related:

8 responses

With your iPod plugged in, select it in iTunes. Go to the music tab and check if the Sync Music is checked. Somehow mine got deselected. Select it again and sync should be ok.
i was panicking that I wouldnt be able to sort mine out until I read this! thankyou :)
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 21, 2010 at 04:26 PM
Hello Bomber 105

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback, it is very much appreciated as very few do!
much respect... this worked a treat. Silly that itunes would disable something like that and make it so tough even for an IT guy to figure this out.
Thanks just helped sync my mac to my itouch! Was so frustrated.
grahasc Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 27, 2012 Status Member Last seen October 27, 2012
Oct 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM
Thank you - somehow, maybe through iTunes updates, the music sync was not checked. The only alarming thing is the warning message they give you, indicating that you're doing something really serious. However, it took about 30 seconds to do its thing. Thank you again.