I' cant access my out look account

Closed
Fabby Flo - Feb 23, 2010 at 02:49 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Feb 23, 2010 at 07:31 AM
Hello,
I have been use my outlook account for the past one year now I'v never face proble that I'm facing now when Itry to open my outlook account there is message state Cannot start Microsoft office outlook. Cannot open the outlook window to be honest I' don't know what to do please help me I have my important mail saved there I can't find it now
Thankx in Advance

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Feb 23, 2010 at 07:31 AM
Hello,

I would suggest that your outcmd.dat file has been corrupted, may be by a virus.

Here are the steps that I prescribe to you:

Remove OUTCMD.DAT file, simply search your computer for the file and delete it. When Microsoft Outlook opens again, it will recreate the file.

Make sure Microsoft Outlook is completely closed.
Click Start, click on Find or Search, and then click Files or Folders.
Make sure that "Look in" is set to (C:\).
In the "Named" or "Search for..." box, type the following filename and click dll filename and click Search or Find Now

OUTCMD.DAT

Delete any instances of OUTCMD.DAT and close the Search box.
Generally this file is found in the Application Data/Microsoft/Outlook folder
Reopen Microsoft Outlook and it should behave normally

Finally, just to be on the safe side, I suggest that you download, install, update and run Malwarebyte.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/4621-malwarebytes-anti-malware/

After the update, disconnect your modem and please request a FULL scan which may take 90 minutes or so.

Let us know if this solution worked for you.

Best regards