Ask a question Report

Issue loading facebook profile/notifications [Solved/Closed]

Melike - Latest answer on Dec 25, 2012 12:36AM
Hi,
I'm having serious issues with facebook.. I cant load and view any profiles (including mine), also cant get in to notifications.
I can log in to facebook and go "home' without any problems and some applications work. I am using firefox 3.0.3 and have tried on explorer - it doesn't work.. I tried on someone else's computer and it worked fine - i cant figure out what's wrong or what to do about it. I changes internet providers recently, can that have anything to do with it??
Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!
Read more 
Answer
+61
moins plus
IE8 was giving me the same issue, heres what I did,

Click tools and then compatibilty view settings. Add facebook.com on there. That solved my problem.

mickey- May 6, 2011 10:04AM
I'm having the same problem with my iphone! SO frustrating!
jibran- May 7, 2011 12:35AM
thanks so much it really worked
saboohi- May 8, 2011 07:30AM
it doesnt work 4 me :(
abby- May 11, 2011 12:16AM
thanks a lot, it worked
sound- Dec 25, 2012 12:36AM
wer to go nd click tools??
Answer
+15
moins plus
This is real easy fix just go to account, application setting, and then click authorize

Answer
+11
moins plus
I f you have Adblock running, turn it off.

dilligaf2- Feb 3, 2009 01:51PM
yep its adblock i got it running on firefox disable it and it all works fine
Mr. Mr.- May 20, 2009 12:18PM
I disabled add block...but same problem...
Tiggerific dilligaf2 - May 23, 2009 05:53PM
How do you disable adblock?
Thanx! dilligaf2 - Aug 4, 2009 02:24PM
Thanx.. 4 the info, I removed the adblock, logged out and in again then It worked perfectly! U can also try to change Ur network at facebook settings.
Answer
+8
moins plus
It's the original poster here :D

Just wanted to let you guys know that i have found out that the problem is from 3. I have spoken to them and have had to update my broadband software through;

Firmware update-
http://www.three.com.au/...

I would recommend that you call your 3 internet provider and report the problem. Apparently there are a few people having this issue, but not that many have reported it so it's not a priority. They can also help you trouble shoot so that you can fix the problem without mucking up anything.

Melike (female :D)

Vanessa- Jan 11, 2009 12:03PM
Hi y'all. I am also having the same problem. I can open Facebook, but cannot accept friend requests, or view photos etc. The page looks all messed up as well, not the way it normally looks. I have clicked on all the links everyone's given here, and nothing helps. I also have a Dell (what do you know!). Anyone can give me a step by step on how to solve this? Last week it was fine, but the week before not. I also use Mozilla Firefox, as it started doing this on Internet Explorer, but the problem has now krept in on Firefox. HELP PLEASE!!!
Maureen- Jan 19, 2009 10:45PM
Hi Vanessa. I am having the exact same problem and am totally unsure what to do! I am on a dell laptop and this just started tonight. It worked fine on Sunday! If you happen to find the answer please drop me a line and I will do the same!
Ethel Vanessa - Jan 24, 2009 06:40AM
Hi, I'm having the same problem and cannot get to the homepage successfully it's all wessed up and not able to 'log-out' after logging -in, I have contacted Facebook and they say they will come back to me. It's not just Dell as I have a HP laptop. Any advice would be welcome.
Answer
+6
moins plus
I am having the same trouble as the guy above!!! It is driving me up the wall...I get load my facebook home and reply to messages in my inbox but I cannot load my profile. I have even tried IE8 but not luck.

If anyone knows what the problem is please help out...thanks

natalie Fakis Book - Feb 4, 2010 07:07AM
I can login facebook on my cell phone, but if I log in on the computer it logs in but I have no friends, profile ext.
lleftoverparts- Feb 7, 2010 06:07PM
Imhaving the same issue, when i first log on to facebook ,my computer says done, but with errors. i go to another spot on facebook and live feed ,the last was thursday and this is sunday! i can add on my wall but doesnt show up! thanks, thought it was my computer. but all other sites are fine, i didnt know if i did somthin, or it was facebook
Icarus- Dec 22, 2009 04:19PM
Try Google Chrome it works for me - I was on IE8 and tried everything. Hope this helps
skeeter- Jan 17, 2010 10:03PM
Hello Everyone, I had a problem with Facebook not letting me post anything or click on anything. I searched through Google and found out you have to clear all the history on your computer. Go to tools, then clear recent history. The trick is to clear all history not just some. It worked for me. Hope it works for other. 80)
Barbara- Apr 27, 2010 09:02AM
Clearing the history fixed mine. Who'd a thought?
Answer
+6
moins plus
hello everyone. i am using a dell laptop with 3 wireless broadband and i was having the same problem (although it was just facebook profiles i couldn't load, notifications worked fine) on both internet explorer and firefox. i downloaded opera (http://www.opera.com) and everything works for me now. i hope i have helped.

Mr. Mr.- May 20, 2009 01:24PM
Your links does not work at all ???
Lou :)- Apr 12, 2010 04:47AM
Omg thank you so much man, my facebook now works and i <3 you :L
Answer
+4
moins plus
Took me a huge a while but i've figured out the problem. Here was a run down of what i tried..

I have a similar problem. I have a brand new mac book, an XP desktop and a Vista Laptop. Facebook only works on the Vista Laptop using Firefox 3.05. I have done everything including rebuilding my mac from scratch including wiping the hard disk. I have run software updater and repaired permissions. I do not have Adblocker installed. I have treid on Firefox 2, Opera, Safari and Chrome Crossover on my Mac and on IE6,7 and 8 and Firefox 2.20 and 3.05 on the XP desktop. I can log into facebook but thats all. Can't go anywhere after that. I have even changed my DNS ont he router to openDNS instead of using the Talktalk standard ones. I've contacted Facebook but no reply has been forthcoming. My problems only started on 31/1/09.

Here's the fix..

Change your MTU setting on your router to 1400.. mine was set at 1500 and it makes a difference. God all that time and its a 10 second fix!!

Mr. Mr.- May 20, 2009 02:08PM
I don't have a router...i use wi-fi...
Dumpsterboss- Jun 2, 2009 07:40AM
you my friend deserve a blow job,... cuz the MTU was the fix i needed... I LOVE YOU...
Xaggle- Aug 21, 2009 04:56AM
Thank you buddy..it fixed it.
Great Job.
KEnman1975- Mar 27, 2010 10:57AM
I changed the MTU size to 1400 and my MacBook Pro started to work with Farmville and Cafe World. A Couple of hours later it stopped working along with my Linux box. My Windows machines still all work. Any other thoughts?
Mina- Apr 29, 2010 07:19AM
How do you change the MTU size?
Answer
+4
moins plus
I was having the same problem in Internet Explorer. I disabled just about all of my Add-Ons and voila! Go to "Tools" --> "Manage Add-Ons". You could try them one at a time to figure out the real culprit.

Answer
+3
moins plus
Yep, turning off ad-block on Firefox solved the problem for one instant.. Then it went back to the same thing! WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE!!???

Answer
+3
moins plus
For those using 3 dongle who had problems;

from http://www.three.co.uk/Help_Support/Mobile_Broadband_Help

"We have been made aware of a problem specific to the Huawei E160G, where certain websites cannot be accessed. The following solution/update does not apply to any other modem. Do not download and install the update if you have anything other than a Huawei E160G.

If you have the Huawei E160G and have found that certain websites will not display, while others display correctly and with no issues, it may be due to an issue with corrupt IP packets. You may notice that certain websites will time-out while trying to connect, or others may display only part of a page. It may also affect certain pages one day and not the next.

Huawei have released a firmware update for this modem, which should fix this issue."

This totally resolved the issues for me, put "device update" into search and follow link for update :) Yay I have my facebook back!

Answer
+3
moins plus
I have a similar problem.

I can log in my FB account, use every feature without any problem. But for 1 week, it is impossible for me to open my "requests". The page does not load at all. I tried to change the browser, tried Opera, IE8, Firefox. No change. I tried to change the computer, tried from other computers. No change.

The strange is that from the same computer, same browser, my sister and husband can open their accounts and "requests" without any problem at all. IT is only my account which has the problem.

I cannot add any friends, I cannot accept / reject any request. :-(

please help!

Answer
+3
moins plus
Hi all..

My super hubby fixed it quickly..thank god!!

Go to tools/Internet Options/ click on Advanced 'Tab' / Restore advanced settings/reset Internet Explorer settings..

Obviously you'll need to know your passwords for Tesco/Facebook/ etc etc.. :-)

Merry xmas everyone!!

MBUser- Dec 21, 2009 09:42PM
Thank your husband for me!! After several days of frustration, everything is working well again after I restored advanced settings! Many thanks!
Turtlegirl- Jan 11, 2010 11:39PM
use FF but tried the IE thing just to see... got a bit farther so thank you :) now able to see my profile and suggested friends when clicking friends. however i still can't see home, 'all' friends, chat or online friends. :S

thank you for the help though.. it's nice to at least get that.
Answer
+3
moins plus
I'm having the same issue on Opera. I don't use myspace, but it has the same issue. I also cannot access yahoo anymore. :( In order to get to my email, I have to do some tricky clicking around some jarbled text.

I can temporarily fix facebook by adding an "s" to the http part of the url after having to do that all the time. I can't use the "s" for yahoo.

Here's a screenshot of FB
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v73/Butterflyhornet/Screenshots/facebook-opera.jpg

I'm in desperate need of help, because I'm about to lose my mind over the issue.

ButterflyH- Jan 5, 2010 12:50PM
I meant to say that adding an "s" to the url gets old after having to do it each time I go to a new page. There has to be a workaround, right?

I've tried asking on the Opera support forum, but it appears the problem I have is unique to my computer (or a few computers - considering over here people seem to have similar issues). I'm not getting much help elsewhere.

There are a few other problems I have that seem unique to my machine. One being that firefox runs so slow that when I type it's like watching it in slow motion. Clicking between tabs takes several seconds. It seems worse upon loading anything related to flash.
Answer
+3
moins plus
Thanks for the input on this folks, after a day of tearing my hair out and updating, uninstalling and reinstalling every application on my computer, Facebook finally works! It's a sad state, when this is the only thing winding me up at work!

Answer
+3
moins plus
Regarding not being able to load profile pictures, try posting one of your pictures to another person's facebook page. For some reason that "tripped" something for me and I was then able to load profile pictures on my page.

Answer
+2
moins plus
took me awhile to figure this out. I didn't want to disable adblock for all of facebook. And updating subscriptions didn't fix the problem. I discovered that if you go into the preferences for adblock you have to disable the following filter rule:

facebook.com#div(class$=_item sponsor)

this should allow the page to load and the edit icon will reappear on your profile page and the ad bar will still be blocked.

Answer
+2
moins plus
i had the same problem, just use Opera and it'll all be fine

Mr. Mr.- May 20, 2009 02:13PM
Not true at all....this is just another browser...lol
what are you talking about...
Leee- Apr 29, 2010 07:32AM
I use my Nokia E71 with Symbian OS and it works fine! On PC ie8 - not! Go figure!
Answer
+2
moins plus
Post # 20 suggested changing MTU.

IT worked.

Please change your MTU size to 1400 using Windows registry and on your modem/router and i'll work.

Answer
+2
moins plus
I was having this problem right after I got my brand new computer, literally within 2hours. I found out that the problem was because of Skype. Skype put an add-on/application into firefox and as soon as I disabled that everything worked again.

Hope this helps everybody else, I know that I was getting quite pissed if I couldn't use facebook at all(sad isn't it!).

Benjy- Aug 28, 2009 11:27PM
Thanks heaps Endy, I tried everything else listed along this thread (which had no effect) until finally coming to your post, I disabled the skype add on and everything in facebook started working again. Cheers.
Answer
+0
moins plus
I found on FB this page to submit a report

http://www.facebook.com/help/?page=788

This document entitled « Issue loading facebook profile/notifications » from CCM (ccm.net) is made available under the Creative Commons license. You can copy, modify copies of this page, under the conditions stipulated by the license, as this note appears clearly.

Not a member yet?

sign-up, it takes less than a minute and it's free!

Members get more answers than anonymous users.

Being a member gives you detailed monitoring of your requests.

Being a member gives you additional options.