Secure my internet

Closed
Thelma - Nov 5, 2010 at 11:59 PM
dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 - Nov 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to secure my internet, received emails stating I'm downloading illegally which I am not, I know my internet has been comprimised, however on the linksys page I want to use the drop down button from "disabled" to WPA2 but it doesnt allow me to do this. I was wondering if I upgrade my firmware if that will allow me to change the WPA? I looked at my firmware the last time it was upgraded I guess was Jan 2008 I'm afraid to do that because I have read where people have problems after upgrading firmware. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Related:

1 response

dawooddoe Posts 404 Registration date Saturday February 21, 2009 Status Member Last seen November 12, 2010 109
Nov 6, 2010 at 10:38 PM
Usually if your wireless router supports WPA or WPA2, you should be able to enable it without firmware upgrade. Probably you did not enable it correctly..

Check out this wireless router configuration example and wireless network security article, think can give you more ideas.