My Passport does not work

Closed
Sally - Nov 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM
mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 - Nov 8, 2010 at 07:44 AM
Hello, My WD Passport essential SE does not open. The message I receive says WD SES Device - UBS Device doesn't have a driver. What do I do. Thank you.

2 responses

mikethedike Posts 158 Registration date Saturday August 16, 2008 Status Member Last seen September 22, 2012 41
Nov 8, 2010 at 07:44 AM
hi
you can manually install the SES device using the Device Manager. The driver is located in the virtual cdrom drive that shows up when the external hdd is plugged in. (note to know ur virual drive initial, before inserting check out ur cd drive letter, once u plug in ur external drive there will be another drive added with the cd rom image)

if you still having going click on the below given link select the appropiate drive model n the oeratinfg system n update ur system withr the required driver, restart ur system upon completion

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/wdsmartwareupdate/

awaiting comments

Melisio mascarenhas
mikethedike
mumbai India
Blocked Profile
Nov 8, 2010 at 04:30 AM
Hi,

Connect it to usb port ,go to device manager,expand the list of usb and update it.

Thanks