Another certain websites won't load question

Closed
galaxygirl Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday March 12, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 12, 2013 - Mar 12, 2013 at 08:12 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Mar 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Hello,

I was playing an mmo while doing stuff on tumblr when suddenly I was booted from the game and simultaneously, tumblr stopped loading. Some sites were unaffected, others weren't. I restarted, reset my router, plugged the modem directly into the pc I'm using, emptied temp, ran antivirus, disabled antivirus...

So far I'm really thinking it isn't to do with my pc since my tablet is having the same issues on the same sites, which are most certainly working for other people and aren't down in general. I don't think it's to do with chrome because the game I was playing that won't connect to the server isn't brower-based.

I trolled through some past threads here and tried to download search and destroy, but unfortunately that site was one of the random ones that won't load. So I nab it off of cnet, but to finish the download I have to connect to the site. (facepalm)

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

This is really frustrating. I'm trying to get some transcripts transferred for school and a friend died last week and I'm looking for her obituary, and the internet does this. Ugh.

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> In search bar, type cmd and press Enter.

"Command Prompt" will be opened. Now enter the below commands

ping -t www.tumblr.com --> Press Enter.

You should get a reply messages.

Check if you are able to browse other websites.

Check the "tumblr" status by click on the below hyperlink "Downrightnow".

Downrightnow

As per the information from the above site, the last disruption happened

9 hours ago.

Good Luck