In this article we show you several solutions that you can use to restore access to your Outlook account.
Even after being rebranded from Hotmail to Outlook, this email service remains one on the most popular, and is accessed by millions of people around the world everyday. If you are having trouble accessing your email account or are unable to open your inbox, it may be indicative of problems with your security settings, or even an issue with your internet cache.
N.B. All Hotmail users were migrated to Outlook.com back in 2013. However, you should be able to use your Hotmail username and password in Outlook.
How to fix date and time on PC to fix Outlook?
It may sound odd, but if you're having trouble accessing your Outlook account, it could very well be because the date on your PC needs to be set properly. If your computer system's date settings are incorrect, it may be causing some confusion in the Outlook server. Double-click on your PC's clock to verify that your date and time are set correctly; make adjustments, if necessary.
How to clear Internet Explorer cache to fix Outlook?
Another solution is to clear your Internet Explorer cache and cookies. You can do this by launching Internet Explorer and clicking Tools > Delete Files >Delete Cookies.
How to change Internet Explorer security settings to fix Outlook?
If the above two options don't work, you should try checking your Internet Explorer security settings. You can do this by:
Launching Internet Explorer and clicking Tools > Internet Options > Advanced.
- Scrolling to the Security section and verify that the Check for server certificate revocation option is unchecked. The Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 options should be checked. Now, click OK.
- Next, click Start > Run, and enter the following code:
. Click OK, and then restart Internet Explorer. Try logging in again to your Outlook account.
If problems persist, you should try to contact Microsoft Customer Service.
- Hotmail inbox
- Open hotmail
- Hotmail won't load
- Outlook 401 error [solved] > Forum - Hotmail/Outlook.com
- Outlook download > Download
- How to refresh outlook > Guide
- Reset outlook > Guide
- Change hotmail password in outlook > Guide
- How to change your Outlook email address?
- How to stop receiving same email multiple times in Outlook?
- Recover Hotmail account: security questions, password, phone
- How to remove profile picture in Outlook?
- Change language on Outlook: app, web
- How to disable CTRL + Enter shortcut on Outlook
- Set up out of office in Outlook: Android/iOS app, desktop
- How to change back from Outlook to Hotmail?
- Turn off hardware graphics acceleration: Outlook, 2019
- Change Outlook keyboard shortcuts: Mac, Windows 10
- Rebuild the Index file on Outlook 2010
- How to sign in to Hotmail
- Outlook (Hotmail) account blocked or hacked
- How to disable deleted message recovery on Outlook?
- How to configure a BSNL e-mail POP/SMTP settings in Outlook
- Set up the Outlook app: on Android, iPhone
- How to delete Hotmail account?
- How to create a new Outlook account?
- A macro to create folders in Outlook: for specific emails
- How to block attachments from unknown senders in Outlook
- Insert emoji in Outlook: email
- How to create an account in Outlook
- How to open Outlook email in browser
- Unable to connect to Hotmail
- How to backup emails in Outlook
- How to log in to Outlook