Cannot access to Internet

Closed
SUMIT NARA Posts 1 Registration date Friday March 22, 2013 Status Member Last seen March 22, 2013 - Mar 22, 2013 at 02:29 AM
jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020 - Mar 22, 2013 at 01:17 PM
Hello, Windows XP Desktop is showing that its connected to the internet, but when I try to open internet explorer it says. Cannot Find Server. Page can not be displayed. How do I get it to connect? My laptop is wired to a router thats
connected to my desktop and the internet on there works fine. For some reason though just the internet on my Desktop does not work. I also hooked my internet directly to my laptop and it works fine. But still my desktop is showing the same thing. I recently tried to Install Windows Service Pack 3 and there was a problem. It said Access Denied then quit the Installation. Since then I am not able to access the Internet. Does anyone know how to fix this? If so please let me know thanks.

Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Mar 22, 2013 at 01:17 PM
Hello,

Try this 1

Click on Start --> Run --> Type cmd and press Enter.

"Command Prompt" will be opened.

Now enter the below command

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

Press "Enter".

Reboot your computer

Good Luck