CPU is working fine but monitor not displaying

Solved/Closed
dipankarbaishya Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday July 10, 2013 Status Member Last seen July 10, 2013 - Updated on Jan 31, 2019 at 02:33 PM
 SAS - Mar 21, 2017 at 07:15 AM
Hello,

I have been facing a problem with my computer for the last few days. It used to run normally until a today when I see "no signal" message on the monitor, right after switching it on. The CPU fan is working fine, the video card fan is also working fine, the casing's fan is also working fine. The monitor's LED just lit in blue color then after a few seconds, it turned to orange.

Meanwhile, the display is showing "no signal". I don't know what has happened or what could be the problem. I tried swapping the memory card with my new one, but there is still no success.

I also unplugged the keyboard, mouse, and hard-disk but still display says "no signal".

If I remove the memory card from the slot, it beeps which means the memory card slot is working fine.

Would request you to help!

Thanks.
Related:

1 response

jack4rall Posts 6428 Registration date Sunday June 6, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen July 16, 2020
Updated on Jan 31, 2019 at 02:45 PM
Hello,

1 ) Once again check your RAM.

If you notice that your CPU fan is running but there is no display on the screen, then remove the RAM from the slot, clean it and place it back properly or try another slot. If you have no idea about RAM, then click on the below-hyperlinked images:

Check your RAM also. Even bad RAM will result in display problem. If you are having two RAMs then remove it, place only one RAM and check the display. If you failed to get any display then change the slot. If you still failed to get the display then try the above procedure with the other RAM.

2) If the problem still exists then remove the Graphic Card and connect your monitor to the onboard VGA. Now check if you are able to get the display or not.

3) If the problem still exists then try resetting your CMOS settings. Turn off your PC and remove the power chord --> Open the cabinet --> Remove the CMOS battery for 15-30 minutes and then put it back properly. Now plug the power cord back in and switch ON your PC.

Click on this photo link if you don't have any idea about the CMOS battery.

If the problem still exists, click on this link and follow the instructions in "Hardware Reset".

Good Luck!
Thank you so very much! it works for me! I have removedd the 2 RAM and reinstalled 1, also cleaned my BIOS. thanks again!