Monitor stays in power save mode .

Closed
Jackblqck Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2014 - Jan 1, 2014 at 06:44 AM
Jackblqck Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2014 - Jan 1, 2014 at 01:37 PM
What's happening : installed (added on my mobo ) a new GPU MSI radeon 7870 2GB OC on my MSI - Z77A-GD55 (bios updated up to v 1.11 the latest) once I installed it turned my PC on and my Monitor was still in Power Save mode , Switched the GPU to the lower PCIexpress socket still the same , changed cable to VGA with adapter (dvi) for the GPU since it has no pins for VGA , still the same , reset BIOS battery still the same, changed PCE GEN3 configs to AUTO (in bios) / Turned Multimonitor ON and switched to IGD / removed 1 of 2 ram sticks turned on , still the same .

Power supply Corsair zasilacz CX Series 600W ATX, 80 Plus Bronze Certified
Monitor Flatron LG W2253TQ
Motherboard MSI - Z77A-GD55
GPU MSI radeon 7870 2GB OC

I cannot see the bios menu once turning PC on , unless my monitor to pc cable is connected on my mobo GPU (which im using now)

I don't know what else to do , is my PCI slots fried ? the mobo is brand new, its been working for a whole year that I have bought without problem (had this issue with my previous old GPU where it wouldnt get out of Power save mode , but switched/tweeked and it worked never touched it again , now got same issue but cant figure it out )

Any chance maybe my windows are broken / format might help ?
Are my pcie slots fried ? tried both GPUS new and old one they dont work in both top and lower sockets

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Jan 1, 2014 at 01:33 PM
"Power save mode" often is invoked when no signal is being received from the video card. It does look like you have a problem with the MB or PCI slots.
Jackblqck Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday January 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen January 1, 2014
Jan 1, 2014 at 01:37 PM
Ye I guess there is a problem with the pcie slots , the 1st once which I used on previus gpu I get it, it might been fried , but the 2nd one has the same issue and I never used it , also iv installed my new GPU onto the last PCI slot which is 2.0 not 3.0 like the 2 above and my GPU worked and I could see it in the devise manager .. so I don't know I might have wrong settings in my bios or something, i'll be taking my PC to a tech store so they give it a look , if those are broken/fried I guess ill ask for a new one since me warranty is still up