January 1, 2014
-
Registration date
Wednesday January 1, 2014
Status
Last seen
January 1, 2014
-
What's happening : installed (added on my mobo ) a new GPU MSI radeon 7870 2GB OC on my MSI - Z77A-GD55 (bios updated up to v 1.11 the latest) once I installed it turned my PC on and my Monitor was still in Power Save mode , Switched the GPU to the lower PCIexpress socket still the same , changed cable to VGA with adapter (dvi) for the GPU since it has no pins for VGA , still the same , reset BIOS battery still the same, changed PCE GEN3 configs to AUTO (in bios) / Turned Multimonitor ON and switched to IGD / removed 1 of 2 ram sticks turned on , still the same .

Power supply Corsair zasilacz CX Series 600W ATX, 80 Plus Bronze Certified
Monitor Flatron LG W2253TQ
Motherboard MSI - Z77A-GD55
GPU MSI radeon 7870 2GB OC

I cannot see the bios menu once turning PC on , unless my monitor to pc cable is connected on my mobo GPU (which im using now)

I don't know what else to do , is my PCI slots fried ? the mobo is brand new, its been working for a whole year that I have bought without problem (had this issue with my previous old GPU where it wouldnt get out of Power save mode , but switched/tweeked and it worked never touched it again , now got same issue but cant figure it out )

Any chance maybe my windows are broken / format might help ?
Are my pcie slots fried ? tried both GPUS new and old one they dont work in both top and lower sockets

1 reply

Registration date
Wednesday October 8, 2008
Status
Contributor
Last seen
June 15, 2019
"Power save mode" often is invoked when no signal is being received from the video card. It does look like you have a problem with the MB or PCI slots.
Registration date
Wednesday January 1, 2014
Status
Last seen
January 1, 2014

Ye I guess there is a problem with the pcie slots , the 1st once which I used on previus gpu I get it, it might been fried , but the 2nd one has the same issue and I never used it , also iv installed my new GPU onto the last PCI slot which is 2.0 not 3.0 like the 2 above and my GPU worked and I could see it in the devise manager .. so I don't know I might have wrong settings in my bios or something, i'll be taking my PC to a tech store so they give it a look , if those are broken/fried I guess ill ask for a new one since me warranty is still up

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!

The Best of CCM in Your Inbox

Subscribe To Our Newsletter!