Backing up iPod (4th gen) without erasing

Closed
Spuffknuckle Posts 1 Registration date Friday May 16, 2014 Status Member Last seen May 16, 2014 - May 16, 2014 at 09:00 PM
 Spuffknuckle - May 18, 2014 at 06:50 AM
I've had my iPod 4th gen for a couple of years now, and I want to add the iBooks app to it, but as iPod 4th gens are only supported up to iOS6.1.6, I cannot download iBooks through my iPod as it needs iOS7. My computer has iTunes installed, but I've never used it as I originally set up my iPod through WiFi. I once tried to sync my iPod with the iTunes on my computer but it reset my iPod to factory standards before I had a chance to do anything (it deleted all of my music and games, everything). Is there any way that I can sync my iPod with my computer without resetting it? I don't want to lose everything again. Thanks

1 response

Blocked Profile
May 17, 2014 at 10:56 AM
You cannot plug your IPOD into multiple ITUNES accounts. This is what happened. When you plugged it in the IPOD and itunes recognized that the IPOD was not an authorized device for the playlist, it asked you if you wanted to make it authorized, you siad, yes, and it built it. Once again, the IPOD cannot go from PC to PC to PC and just synch music.

Let me know if this isn't the situation.
No, I only used the one PC, and it immediately came up with a message asking me whether I wanted to format as soon as I plugged in my iPod. As I didn't know what that meant at the time, I pressed OK and everything was deleted.