Question about new computer and no signal to monitor

Closed
Azghan - Aug 21, 2015 at 04:52 PM
 Azghan - Aug 22, 2015 at 03:04 AM
Hello, I have very recently purchased this http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Q7dLTW setup and have assembled everything in order, my problem, as the title goes, is that whilst everything seems to be connected properly I get nothing.
-Everything has been double-checked, refitted, made sure it's connected properly; everything inside looks as if it works as intended case and motherboard LEDs function properly, GPU indicates proper power connection. Only thing I have not touched yet is the BIOS battery, which I will attempt to reset next.
-What happens is as follows: I start the PC, fans rev up and there's definitive sign of *some* starting up (it has never beeped at all since I plugged everything in), and then it will just stay in this state until I decide to shut it down again; sometimes I only have to quickly press the power button again, sometimes it takes a while of holding the button down for it to shut off.
Monitor connects to PC via VGA cable with DVI-I adaptor that is plugged into the GPU slot (Tested 2 pc monitors and 1 TV, 2 different VGA cables, same adaptor, they otherwise work on other computers)
Is there a problem with the hardware?

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 21, 2015 at 05:57 PM
Yes, I would conclude that there is some hardware problem. Either a motherboard problem or a CPU that is not compatible with the MB.
But this i7 and the same generation i5 are the only CPUs that are compatible with these motheboards.