Computer Posts, Monitor Displays No Signal

Closed
candycakes Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 30, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2016 - Jan 30, 2016 at 05:17 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 31, 2016 at 05:51 PM
Hi Everyone!

My computer posts successfully, and I can see everything up until the message "Starting Windows". The monitor then goes black and I see the no signal box appear. I can hear the sounds of Windows starting from the speaker and if I type in my password, I can also the hear the sound of it successfully logging in. The monitor works in Safe Mode and if I uninstall the drivers of my display adapters, the monitor also works when I then restart normally until it automatically updates the drivers for me and after I restart.

Steps I've tried to fix so far:
- Uninstalling drivers and upgrading to the latest Nvidia drivers
- Uninstalling drivers and rolling back to a known working version
- Resetting CMOS battery
- Changing the graphics card to a new PCI slot
- Trying different cables (DVI/HDMI) and different monitors
- Unseating the graphics card and setting it back in

Of all the things I've tried so far, I've had the most success with unseating the graphics card and placing it back into the same slot. Doing this will result in the monitor displaying correctly for a few minutes after logging in before going again to a black screen with the "no signal" box. My BIOS is up to date as well. Is there anything else I can try? Or is this the sign of a faulty graphics card or motherboard? Thanks for the help!

Specs:
Asus P6T Motherboard
Nvidia 750Ti

2 responses

candycakes Posts 2 Registration date Saturday January 30, 2016 Status Member Last seen January 31, 2016
Jan 31, 2016 at 04:05 PM
  • bump
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Jan 31, 2016 at 05:51 PM
Hi Candy

What is the make and model of your computer ?

I'll be back in the morning.

Hang-on