Connected to internet but websites or won't load [Solved/Closed]

Ask a question Epicsmokey 2Posts Thursday May 12, 2016Registration date May 12, 2016 Last seen - Last answered on May 12, 2016 at 06:14 PM by xpcman
Hello,
I am on windows 10
My computer recently started to act weird and load up slow with 100% disk usage. I ran a malware scan and removed some items that malwarebytes said was malware. After that, i couldn't open any webpages or anything online. I can open chrome, internet explorer, steam, etc. but i can not load any webpages. I am able to see who is online in steam but can not load the store or community. I have tried changing browsers to see if that was the case and it is not.
After a while of loading a website i get the message saying "This site can't be reached
(website)'s server DNS address could not be found"

I have ran a virus scan with the default windows scanner and IObit, and they both come back as clean and secure. I have looked this up and haven't found anything that works for me. I have checked to see if dns automatically connects and it is checked in network settings.
But
I have loaded up safe mode with networking and everything works fine.
Any help will be greatly accepted!
See more 
Helpful
+0
plus moins
Did you try a clean boot?

check these Microsoft instructions:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
Epicsmokey 2Posts Thursday May 12, 2016Registration date May 12, 2016 Last seen - May 12, 2016 at 05:32 PM
Ran it in clean boot following that guide and everything works now. So would that be a program messing everything up?
Edit: I am not back to 100% disk usage on startup.
xpcman 17342Posts Wednesday October 8, 2008Registration date ModeratorStatus June 24, 2017 Last seen - May 12, 2016 at 06:14 PM
Sorry no idea what program might have been the problem.

Member requests are more likely to be responded to.

Members can monitor the statuses of their requests from their account pages.

A CCM membership gives you access to additional options.

Not a member yet?