Monitor shuts off while my computer is still running

Closed
Thaddeus144 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2016 - Updated by ac3mark on 27/12/16 at 08:57 AM
Thaddeus144 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2016 - Dec 27, 2016 at 10:38 PM
Hello, My name is Thaddeus and only recently my monitor has been shutting down saying hdmi no connection then turning off. I searched up the problem and how to fix, but it people didn't have the exact problem i had or they got it fixed while i can't. I went into my computer and took out the cpu then put it back in. After that for about a month, my computer was running perfectly, but now the problem has reoccurred. I tried doing the something as before but no luck.I am currently posting from my laptop. This is my build
<REMOVED FOR NO PERTINENT INFO>

1 response

Blocked Profile
Dec 27, 2016 at 08:59 AM
Well, considering HDMI is not a standard, there is no single fix! The reason some fixes work for others and not you, is because their exact hardware is not the same as yours! IF it used to work, now it doesn't recover your PC back to a point when it did work. Or, look at installed updates, and if any of the updates involve DISPLAY drivers, remove them ONE at a time, and see if it helps!
Thaddeus144 Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday December 27, 2016 Status Member Last seen December 27, 2016
Dec 27, 2016 at 10:38 PM
I did what you said and it did nothing and on my task bar, there is a icon where it has a monitor, a cable, and a caution sign in front. How do i figure out what that is?
my mother board is a Gigabyte GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
and my cpu is Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor.