Here's what you might need to know about the moderation of defamatory posts.
A company (or software publisher) may contact us to request the removal of forum posts deemed as defamatory. This happens when insulting language (swindlers, thieves, scam, etc.) are used against them. If you are on this page, then it is most probable that one of your posts has been removed due to such circumstances! Certain precautions and rules must be observed to preserve the quality of the exchanges made on the forum but also to prevent the moderation of your posts, the inconvenience of legal actions resulting from defamation, and possible closure of the forum, all based on some words written out of anger!
To avoid such inconvenience, we ask you to pay particular attention when writing your posts:
- Don't use insulting language (crooks, thieves, scams, etc.)
- Stick to your personal experience and facts for which you have tangible evidence
- Avoid making value judgments and generalizations
- Never divulge (on any forum) the actual identity or details of a person/entity without consent.
- General Terms and Conditions of Use
- How is your data processed by CCM?
- CCM: Who we are
- Advice for writing messages on CCM
- CCM: Online Services
- CCM: User Guide
- Why CCM cannot recover your personal passwords
- How to register for CCM Membership?
- CCM: My profile has been blocked, what to do?
- How to browse CCM?
- CCM: Community Management
- How to contribute to the development of CCM?
- Moderation Guidelines
- CCM: Copyright Information