Many Excel users struggle to figure out how to move data from an entry sheet onto an archived sheet. Although Excel is a spreadsheet designed to perform complex calculations, such as mortgage amortization tables or tracking sales figures, most people never explore its more in-depth operations.
How to automatically copy using Paste Link in Excel?
- Suppose we have an Excel document with two sheets named Sheet1 and Sheet2.
- Go to Sheet1, and select all the cells you want to copy to Sheet2.
- Either go to Sheet2, and under the Home tab, click on Paste (with the little arrow), and under the Other Paste Options click on the chain icon (which symbolizes Paste Link).
- Or go to Sheet2, right-click where you want to paste the content of Sheet1, and choose Paste Link from Paste Options.
How to automatically copy using a formula in Excel?
- Suppose we have an excel document with two sheets named Sheet1 and Sheet2.
- Go to Sheet2, and click on the cell you want to paste the data from Sheet1.
- Type the following formula: =Sheet1!Range_of_cell_you_want_to_copy (for example =Sheet1!A1, or Sheet1!A1:C4).
- How to copy data from multiple sheets to one sheet in excel
- How to copy data from one sheet to another in excel automatically > Guide
- How to screenshot excel sheet > Guide
- Compare two worksheets and paste differences to another sheet - excel vba free download [solved] > Excel Forum
- How to change date format in excel > Guide
- Macro to copy data from one sheet to another based on criteria [solved] > Excel Forum