There are plenty of situations when you may need to ask for a refund after having purchased a Google product on Google Play. Here is an insight into how to ask for a refund properly.
How to request a refund from your computer?
- In your browser, access the refund page. Review Google's refund policy and click Continue.
A dialog box will appear for you to confirm your account. If you see your email address, select Yes > Continue, then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the refund request form.
If it's not the correct email address, click No and select the blue link saying Sign in to the right account.
Follow the refund submission process.
Google's refund decision will be sent to you within some business days. If a friend or family member purchased an item or app using your account, you can also request that the money spent be refunded.
How to request a refund from your mobile?
Depending on the product and the app's refund policy, you may end up in a situation where no refund is possible.
- Go to https://play.google.com on your mobile phone.
- Go to your account and go to your Order History.
- Select the order you want to ask for a refund in the refund section.
- Follow the submission process.
How to request a refund for irregular purchases?
If you notice that a purchase was charged to your card or another form of payment that was not performed by you or by a person you have authorized, you have 120 days to send the refund request.
Before making a report:
- Check if the charges are really from Google Play: the data that appear on the invoice has by default the following format: Google + app developer name, or app name or type of content (movies, music, books). If it does not contain this data and format, it means that it is not purchased from the Google store. In this case, it is best to first contact your bank to contest the charge.
- To contest improper purchases from Play Store, access the page Unauthorized Transactions on Google Play. Click the Continue button to confirm that it was not you or an authorized person who made the purchase. An interface lets you select the item to be refunded. Finally, click Submit. From there, follow the on-screen instructions.
What about Google Play refund policy for gift cards, prepaid promotional balance, and donations?
Gift certificates, Google Play promotional balances and cash recharges are generally non-refundable unless required by law.
How to follow up on refunds?
You can track your refund status on the Google Play account page. From here you can consult your order history as well as refunds:
- Open your Google Play account.
- Go to Account.
- Select Order History > Refund.
The time to receive the refund will depend on the payment method used in the purchase. See Google's refund forecast in the Google Play store.
What about refunds received after uninstalling a purchased app?
Depending on the paid application, if it is uninstalled soon after downloading or within the period set by the developer, the user receives a refund immediately. But beware, if the app is reinstalled it must be purchased again and may no longer be refundable.
For the full text of the Google App Store refund policies, please see Google Play's refund policy.
- Request a refund google play
- Googleplay.com refund
- Google play refund
- Google play store apk > Download
- Unlink google play account from game > Guide
- Block google play purchases > Guide
- How to remove filters on google play > Guide
- Zte google play > Forum - Downloading
- Google reverse image search: mobile, iPhone, Android, app
- How to view Google Maps speed cameras: 2021, iPhone, UK
- How to get Google Docs to read to you: Google text-to-speech
- How to enter coordinates in Google Earth?
- Download a Google Doc: as a PDF, with comments, as word
- How to remove Google Drive: from PC, startup, Windows 10
- Translate text messages with Google Translate on Android
- How to change distance unit on Google Maps: km to miles
- Enable Google Sheets right to left editing in Google Drive
- How to use Google Earth flight simulator
- How to find a location on Google Maps: postal address, GPS
- How to turn off tilt view in Google Maps
- How to download apps for Android with the Google Play Store
- How to open Google apps from desktop: shortcut, extension
- How to make a copy of a Google Doc: on phone, iPhone
- Translate images via your phone camera with Google Translate
- How to get street view on Google Earth: VR, app, iPhone
- Download offline Google Maps: iPhone, for PC, Android
- How to enable Google Drive OCR: PDF, scan, search
- How to translate a page on Android with Google Translate
- Google Play Store error codes and how to fix them
- Share files on Google Drive: with other users, Android
- How to turn off Google spoken answers?
- How to access your photos folder on Google Drive?
- Compress images with Google Squoosh
- Google Meet extension for Chrome: grid view, attendance
- Limit uploads and downloads speed in Google Drive
- Create Google account: without Gmail
- How to transfer Google Authenticator: iPhone, Android, PC
- Plan a route on Google Maps: app, Android, iPhone
- How to change the language in Google Drive
- Google Docs spell check: not working, settings
- Turn off private results in Google searches
- How to make a Google Maps list
- Add and edit images in Google Docs: rotate, resize, adjust
- Google Classroom: tutorial, features, cost, app download
- Use Google Meet: download, desktop, mobile, breakout rooms
- Google Kids Space: features. security, devices
- Restore Google Photos: backup, to phone, to gallery
- How to block someone on Hangouts: Web, Android, iOS
- How to sort Google Drive
- How to use and setup Google Chromecast
- How to use OK Google: activate, search