The highly anticipated launch of Cyberpunk 2077 has not gone according to plan, which is quite fitting for 2020. On consoles, the game has an over abundance of bugs, and poorer performance than publicized, that seemingly no amount of Keanu Reeves can make up for. Many gamers are understandably dissatisfied with the current state of the game on console, and looking for Cyberpunk 2077 refunds. If you want to get your money back, this article will show you how to get a refund for Cyberpunk 2077.
Fortunately, CD Projekt Red have a good track record for fixing bugs, generally improving, and offering continued support for their games after launch, as per the Witcher 3. However offering patches and support to a game after launch is no justification for releasing an unfinished game, that a number of review outlets have called unplayable on last-gen. With no actual Xbox Series S/X or PS5 version of Cyberpunk 2077 currently released (however, you can play on both consoles thanks to backwards compatibility mode), and the continued shortage of next-gen consoles, the majority of gamers will be on the Xbox One and PS4 consoles. So, having an unplayable game on these consoles is inexcusable. Gamers should not need to wait for the game to be fixed, after they have already purchased it, for them to enjoy it.
Cyberpunk 2077 refund statement
CD Projekt Red released a statement on the 14th December apologizing firstly for not showing any footage of the game on consoles before launch allowing gamers to make a considered purchase, and then ultimately for the state of the game on “last-gen” consoles. They then went on to propose refunds, asking gamers to use the PSN and Xbox refund systems for digital purchases, and from the point of sale for boxed versions. There is also a designated support email from CD Projekt Red if you are unable to get a reimbursement through these channels: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyberpunk 2077 digital refund process
Despite initial confusion around how Cyberpunk refunds were going to be dealt with, PlayStation have a dedicated page on the PlayStation website for Cyberpunk 2077 refunds. Sony Interactive Entertainment also released a statement offering gamers refunds who have purchased Cyberpunk 2077 via the PlayStation Store. They are also making the exceptional step of removing Cyberpunk 2077 from the PlayStation Store until further notice.
To redeem your refund, you need to Sign In at the bottom of this page, and follow the instructions. This is only valid if you purchased your game directly from the PlayStation Store.
If you purchased Cyberpunk digitally on the Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, you can request a digital refund on the Xbox Refund Page. You will need to sign in to begin filling out the refund form. It is important to note:
- Submitting a request does not guarantee a refund.
- Most purchases are not eligible for a refund after 14 days.
If you bought Cyberpunk 2077 for your PC on the Steam Store, you can request a refund for Cyberpunk 2077 here. Steam’s refund policy states that refund requests must be made within 14 days on buying the game, and that you’ve played fewer than 2 hours. That said, Steam will consider refund requests outside of that, and with the large number of users requesting Cyberpunk refunds, it is foreseeable that concessions will be made.
Cyberpunk 2077 in store refunds
If you purchased a hard copy of the game in store, then the refund policy will depend on the retailer, and you should contact them directly. Below are a few examples.
The Amazon Return Policy allows you to return a game within 30 days of purchase for a full refund (if it’s in its original unopened packaging). If the game has been opened, you can still return it, however you will incur a “restocking fee”.
GameStop’s returns policy allows you to return a game within 30 days for a full refund, if the game is still in its original packaging. If it has been opened, then you have 7 days to return it, either in store or online.
Game’s returns policy states that they will offer an exchange or refund for purchases made online, if the product is returned within 28 days. There is also an exchange or credit note for purchases made in store, again, within 28 days of purchase. Finally, there is also the 14 day legal right to change your mind, allowing you to return your game.
Considering the precedent that Sony has set by removing the game from the PlayStation Store, it is likely that the refund situation will continue to develop over the coming weeks. Stay tuned for any more updates.
- Cyberpunk bug gif
- Cyberpunk 2077 bug gif
- Cyberpunk 2077 bugs gif
- Cyberpunk 2077’s Best Bugs and Glitches
- Steam FPS counter: hotkey, not showing up, accurate > Guide
- Return products and get refund on Flipkart > Guide
- What is OnlyFans and how does OnlyFans work? > Guide
- Apple Offers $50 Battery Refunds
- Little Alchemy cheats: all 580 combinations and elements
- Connect controller to PC: bluetooth, wireless, PS4
- Hitman 3 cheats: PS4, Xbox One, PS5, PC, Xbox series X
- Crusader Kings 3 cheats: Steam, Game Pass, immortal
- RGSS-RTP standard: error, not found
- The Elder Scrolls 6: release date, location, trailer
- Black Friday 2021 on Steam
- How to recover Need For Speed Underground 2 save files
- Unable to host World of Warcraft 3 LAN game
- Flash games for PC: download, online, old
- How to remove Steam Guard: mobile authenticator, from PC
- How to play Among Us: on Mac, on PC, online
- The best crossplay games: 2021, PS4 PC, Xbox PC, Swtich
- Play Hero Wars: online, free, on PC, Mini Games
- Skate 4: release date, trailer, gameplay and rumors
- Star Wars Battlefront cheat codes: Xbox, PS2
- The best horror PC games (2021) for Halloween
- Avakin Life free coins: 2022
- The best online game stores for PC: Steam, Origin, GOG, etc
- How to set the maximum ping in Steam
- How to turn off cloud sync Steam
- Get and redeem promo codes on Roblox
- Fix registry error loading key Warcraft III\InstallPath
- Everything you need to know about E3
- Steam profile status: checker, privacy settings
- The best video games of the year: 2021
- Fortnite Halloween 2021: skins, dates, and Fortnitemares
- Valheim tips and tricks: for beginners, 2022
- Starfield: release date, location, and gameplay
- Resident Evil 8: Village: characters, DLC, VR
- Online escape game: free, without flash, with friends
- Free online puzzles
- Best zombie video games
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout: guide, gameplay, download
- DirectX Encountered an Unrecoverable Error: how to fix it?
- The best indie games sountracks
- League of Legends: Wild Rift: champions, release date
- Psychology of video games: why we enjoy gaming?
- Play Atari Breakout on Google
- The best VR games: on Steam, Occulus, 2022
- The best free online gaming sites
- Harry Potter video games: for PC, Android, iOS, AR
- Create server: for Minecraft, for CounterStrike
- Cloud gaming services: Xbox, free, Steam
- Customize updates and background downloads for Steam games
- Everything about Amazon Luna: review, games
- Fortnite Winterfest 2021: date, skins, map, presents
- How to restrict downloads on Steam?
- PlayStation Plus games for May 2022
- How to install Minecraft Mods: Windows, Mac
- Offline Android games: download for free
- Hades guide: tips and tricks
- Nintendo Direct 2022: February
- Best Cyberpunk 2077 bugs
- Dota Underlords: cheats and tips