Adobe Shockwave Player
is an extension for web browsers giving users the access to some Web content such as dazzling 3D games and enables to post Shockwave animations on the Internet.
- Parallax mapping: integrated with Adobe Shockwave Player, Parallax mapping is an enhancement of Normal/Bump Mapping technique. It provides more apparent depth and greater realism for the image and has no impact on the performance.
- Bitmap filters: thanks to Adobe Shockwave Player, users can enjoy of a wider variety of visual effects. Among them, let's cite blur, drop shadow, bevel, glow, and more. They can be applied through the user interface or through scripting.
- Supported formats: this program supports a wide range of formats such as WF; DVD-Video, H.264, FLV, F4V and other video formats. But more than that, audio and graphics formats (bitmaps, vectors, text, and 3D) are also compatible.
- Adobe Shockwave Player is compatible with Windows and Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8 operating systems.
- This is a free and multilingual (French, Deutsch, English and Japanese) program.
- The installation requires third-part application.
- It was discontinued since April 9, 2019. For more information, see this help page.