This is a good free option to protect your PC.
What is Windows Defender? Windows Defender is an antivirus program that protects the computer against viruses, spyware and other malware. It is equivalent to Microsoft Essentials and offers real-time protection against potential threats. Its execution does not slow down the PC nor impact its general performance. This is the Windows Defender download page.
Note: Windows Defender is now called Microsoft Defender Antivirus. Initially a downloadable free anti-spyware program, it has now evolved into a full antivirus program that is built-in for Windows 8 and Windows 10.
Is Windows Defender good? You will find out after discovering its main features:
- Defense against spyware and malware: Windows Defender is able to recognize almost all potential spyware and malicious programs that try to infect the computer's system thanks to Windows Defender’s advanced threat protection. Once it detects one of them, this program automatically blocks it.
- Analysis: In order to check up the integrity of the Windows system and ensure that there is no infection, this antivirus can perform a thorough scan of the hard drives from the simplest document folder to the bottom of the registry keys.
- Purge: As soon as Windows Defender finished analyzing the PC system, it offers the ability to purge all malicious items. This action can be performed easily with a single mouse click via the option called "Clean System".
- Database: This utility is provided with a large database where a great number of known threats are listed. Every time the computer is connected to the Internet, this base is updated so as to integrate the latest malware.
How to download Windows Defender?
Windows Defender Antivirus comes preinstalled with Windows 8 and 10 as part of the Windows Security pack. Otherwise, you can easily download the Windows Defender update from Microsoft official website.
How to turn on Windows Defender?
To turn on Windows Defender, open Start menu and scroll down to Windows Security. Check if Virus & Threat protection is enabled with a green check mark. If so, don’t worry, this means that Windows Defender Antivirus is turned on and your computer is protected. If no, click on it, and select Virus & Threat protection settings and switch on the toggle next to Real-time protection.
Is Windows Defender enough?
Windows Defender Antivirus shows good results in protecting PCs so you can just stick to it. Otherwise, check out these more advanced antivirus programs to ensure the best protection.
What is Windows Defender Security Warning?
If you see the “Windows Defender – Security warning” message on your computer screen, it means that it’s a scam that pretends to be Windows and trick you. Try to remove all suspicious programs from your computer and turn on an antivirus program.
Is Windows Defender free?
Windows Defender is downloadable for free.
Is Windows Defender safe?
Windows Defender Antivirus is legitimate and safe.
You can install Windows Defender for Endpoint on Mac by following these instructions.
- OS: Windows 7, 8.1, 10
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit OS, 2 GB for 64-bit OS
Photo – Microsoft