FaceApp is an advanced photo editing app that uses artificial intelligence based filters to change your appearance in just one tap. It shot to fame for its famous age swap filter allowing you to get a glimpse of what you might look like later in life, but it boasts numerous other features too. Among them is the new gender swap filter, showing you what you might look like as a member of the opposite sex.
Key Features of FaceApp
Note: To enjoy premium features and even more filters and updates, you can subscribe to the paid version of the app, FaceApp PRO.
- A huge range of options among the Impression filters to have a magazine-worthy selfie.
- Experiment with hair colours and styles as well as beards and mustaches.
- Apply makeup to your photo without touching your face in real life.
- Change or edit backgrounds easily with a single tap.
- Have fun by swapping genders with the specially designed filter
- Change your age-see what you might look like both older and younger.
- Experiment with tattoos (without going near a needle!).
Is it Safe?
There has been a lot of controversy surrounding FaceApp, developed in Russia, with allegations that it can and does harvest metadata from users photos. Is this something you should be worried about? It depends. Although FaceApp edits your (selected) photo on their servers, apparently within 24-48hrs after editing, it deletes them from their cloud servers and does not share any data with Russian authorities
FaceApp is also available to download for iOS here