Adobe Lightroom download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Adobe Lightroom (previously known as Lightroom CC) is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud. Lightroom, much like Lightroom Classic, provides you the tools to edit, store, and share photos simply using a desktop or mobile version. Among the editing options, you can modify contrast, size, saturation, and more.
What are the key features of Adobe Lightroom?
- An intuitive user interface that is in keeping with the Adobe suite.
- Create Lightroom Presets to save time and develop your own personal style.
- Transfer adjustment settings to other images.
- Edit RAW files.
- Crop and resize images.
- Protect your original images with Lightroom’s non-destructive editing.
- As this version is cloud-based, all of your photos are saved and backed up in Adobe's Cloud service. Organize your photos and create photo albums, then share them with friends directly via social media.
- A Lightroom preset is essentially a filter that will give your photo a certain appearance. You can either create your own preset, or download other users' presets. Whilst there is a multitude of free presets, the best Lightroom presets are often not and require you to purchase them for a small fee before you can download and use them.
How does Adobe Lightroom work?
Adobe products are only available with a Creative Cloud membership, Lightroom included. There are various types of subscriptions (for students, teachers, individuals, and entrepreneurs). A similar question is if you can buy Lightroom without a subscription, and unfortunately, the answer is no. You can no longer buy Lightroom as a standalone program and own it. You need to purchase your Creative Cloud membership. If and when you stop your plan you will no longer have access to Lightroom.
Is Adobe Lightroom free?
No, Adobe Lightroom is not free, however, there is a 7-day free trial. This free trial is the full version offering all of the features of the paid version. After the trial ends, there are several monthly Adobe Creative Cloud Plans available that include Lightroom.
- $9.99/m for Lightroom (1TB) - This is just for Lightroom
- $9.99/m Photography (20GB) - This is for both Lightroom and Photoshop.
- $19.99/m Photography (1TB) - Both Lightroom and Photoshop
Students & Teachers
If you are a Student or a Teacher you can gain access to the entire Adobe suite (20+ apps) for $19.99 per month.
Lightroom Premium for free
There are 2 legal ways of getting Lightroom Premium for free, firstly the free trial as previously mentioned. The other option is to download the free mobile Lightroom app:
- Lightroom for Android
- Lightroom for iPhone
Which is better Photoshop or Lightroom?
Lightroom vs Photoshop: It ultimately depends on what your intended use is. Lightroom offers more features for pure photography, whereas Photoshop offers more editing tools aimed at altering photos to a greater extent, and allows you to make larger-than-life images.
You can always use the free trial to decide which software you would prefer to use. Equally, you can purchase a plan that includes both to get the best of both worlds.
- Adobe, inc. lightroom free download
- Lightroom free download
- Adobe, inc. lightroom download
- Adobe flash player free download > Download - Other
- Adobe illustrator free download > Download - Illustration and animation
- Minecraft: Java Edition > Download - Sandbox
- Lightroom classic download > Download - Photo albums
- DaVinci Resolve 17 > Download - Video editing