Yuka is an application designed to display practical product information directly to the consumer. Specifically, Yuka allows you to scan the labels of the food and cosmetics that you buy, and quickly know their ingredients/contents and what effects they have on your health and the environment.
What are the key features of Yuka?
- Possibility to scan the product barcode and immediately see its impact on your health.
- When the selected product is badly noted the app suggests healthier alternatives.
- Objective, independent, and ad-free app.
- Extensive database of products: 700,000 food products and 300,000 cosmetic items.
- Each food product is analyzed according to 3 criteria: nutritional quality, presence of additives, and organic aspect of the product.
- Cosmetic products are analyzed according to their ingredients.
- One of the advantages of this app is that, in addition to evaluating the quality and impact of the products that you want to buy, it also provides similar, but healthier and less pollutant, suggestions. However, its developers ensure that the criteria to define the level of a product are completely independent, without influence from any company or brand.
Is Yuka free?
Yes, Yuka is free to download and use.