Kdenlive download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
Kdenlive is a free and open-source video editing program. Released in 2003, it is designed to be used by anyone, from beginners to more advanced users who want a solution empowering them with everything they need for professional-level production.
What is Kdenlive?
Kdenlive is a video editing software used to edit videos in multiple formats, providing all the necessary tools to make audiovisual content creatively and professionally. Suitable for a wide range of users, this program stands out due to its stable performance compared to other free solutions. Also, according to many users, it surpasses the capacity of big competitors. Finally, it is essential to highlight that Kdenlive is open source and multiplatform, which is crucial if you need to collaborate with people without hassle.
What are the key features of Kdenlive?
- Interface and controls: Kdenlive has pleasant and modern interfaces you can rearrange depending on your liking and working processes. Also, you have the flexibility to configure your keyboard shortcuts to save time and work more efficiently.
- Effects: You have access to a vast range of effects to enhance your creativity and achieve professional results, such as color revision effects, visual filters, and standard transformation options. In addition, you can add effects and transitions to the audio channels of your videos and modify them along the timeline through keyframes.
- Multi-track: Thanks to the multi-track editing feature, you can edit multiple tracks with a timeline, and it supports unlimited video and audio tracks. Also, each can be locked, muted, unmuted, and, of course, renamed.
- Titler: This is a handy tool to build 2D titles for your projects as it allows you to create, move, crop, and delete video clips, audio clips, text clips, and image clips.
- Compatibility: Using the FFmpeg libraries, Kdenlive is compatible with the most typical video formats (QuickTime, AVI, WMV, MPEG, and Flash Video, among others). It also supports 4:3 or 16:9 aspect ratio videos in PAL, NTSC, and other HD standards.
- Session and export: The project file is saved as XLM files and automatically backed up every few minutes, making it partially compatible with other video and sound editing programs. Also, it provides an archiving feature that can export your entire project and all the assets into a single folder or compressed archive.
- Updates: Kdenlive is constantly updated to provide the best experience, and lots of online resources are provided to make sure everyone can learn new ways to use it, including effects, templates, transitions, and more.
How to use Kdenlive?
Kdenlive provides a very descriptive manual of its features and you can ask for help on the dedicated forum. Also, you can find unofficial tutorials created by users giving recommendations, type "Kdenlive" on YouTube, and you will be amazed at how large the community is.
Is it free?
Yes, Kdenlive is free to use.
- Kdenlive download
- DaVinci Resolve 17 > Download - Video editing
- Download Google Play Store: PC, Android (APK) > Download - App downloads
- Minecraft: Java Edition > Download - Sandbox
- Snapchat > Download - Instant messaging
- CapCut > Download - Video editing