QuickTime download in progress
You will be automatically redirected to the homepage in 30 seconds.
QuickTime is a multimedia player with an easy and user-friendly interface, developed by Apple. This program is composed of several elements such as the DivX codec and Streambox allowing users to quickly play video files and create their own content in DivX video.
Disclaimer: Since 2016 Apple has not been updating QuickTime for Windows, but you can still download and install QuickTime here. QuickTime 7 has not been supported on macOS since 2018.
What are the key features of QuickTime?
Multimedia Player: QuickTime is equipped with a DivX codec allowing for swift video file playback. The software enables users to create their own content in the DivX video, so you can view and share your videos.
Conversion: Because this software can work on Mac, it enables to convert video and music files into a format so that they can be played on iPod, iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV. This can be done without needing to open several programs.
Video Mounting: In addition to that, the software can also mount projects whether for video or music files. If you equip your PC with a camera, a microphone, or a webcam, you will be able to perform audio or video capture.
Streaming: Moreover, the application also supports HTTP streaming. In other words, QuickTime streams multimedia flow with the help of any server.
How to record your screen with QuickTime?
Screen recording with QuickTime is fairly easy.
To do so, you need to follow these steps:
- Open QuickTime and click File. From there, select New Screen Recording.
- You will see a Screen Recording prompt. Click on the arrow next to the red button. If you want to opt for a QuickTime screen recording with audio, then select the microphone of your choice. Select if you want to record the mouse or not.
- Next, click on the red button. For a full-screen recording, click anywhere on the screen. To record only a part of the screen, click and drag to select the desired area.
- To end the recording, select the stop button.
- To save the recording, after seeing the preview, click File and from there, select Save.
- You can now save the recording under the name of your choice.
Is QuickTime safe?
It seems that the app has no history of security issues.
When it comes to safety, there is no QuickTime-Windows 10 compatibility, which means that using the multimedia player on this version of the operating system, might not be safe for your computer.
Is QuickTime free?
Yes, you can use QuickTime for free.