Microsoft Excel is well known for its ability to store, organize, and calculate data in a spreadsheet. As part of this offering, the software allows you to format cells with various formulae and settings to help automate tasks and keep your information uniform. While hugely helpful, removing or changing cell formatting can be a bit tricky. This article will teach you a foolproof way to remove cell formatting from an Excel document.
How To Clear Formatting from an Excel Sheet
Press [CTRL] + A to select all of the cells.
Next, click the Home tab > Editing section > Clear Formats:
All of the data in your cells will now be in plain text.
Image: © Dzmitry Kliapitski - Shutterstock.com
- Excel clear formatting
- Clear formatting excel - Best answers
- How to clear formatting in excel - Best answers
- Excel date format dd/mm/yyyy - How-To - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting 5 color scale ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting if cell contains any date - How-To - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting entire column based on another column ✓ - Forum - Excel
- Excel conditional formatting if another cell contains any text ✓ - Forum - Excel